Tillery 2/23

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Rookie12, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I went to Tillery this morning. Did pretty well considering the weather. Wind pickd up this morning, but I stayrd and toughed it out and it died down. I caught 4 blues a 15, a couple 20's and a 40 lb. blue. That fish gave me a fit. He stayed on the bottom in the strong current and was givin' it all he had. I also caught a big mess of white perch to eat. I caught them on little pieces fo cutbait fished on a dropshot rig on the bottom right under the boat. I kept 21 of the bigger ones. All in all a good day.
    later!!

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    sounds like you had a good morning rookie 12. congrates on the catch. that current can add a few pounds when reeling them in.

3. jpw

jpw New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    That sounds like a pretty good day. I assume you were using cut shad? We went to High Rock Wednesday morning. 14 fish, all Channels. One looked like a cross between a Channel and we had no idea what else..lol. Biggest was about 9 3/4. We were debating about Tillery or Badin. Where were you fishing? I am looking forward to next week. Hope to go out at least once. Good luck next trip.

4. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I was fishing up near marker 12. I was using cut shad. The big one hit around 9:15 am. Good luck!!!

5. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Thanks for the report, Chris. I didn't fish Tillery at all last year and was wondering about your comment about "marker 12". Are the markers something new on Tillery or have I just been missing them in the past ?

Most of my fishing on Tillary has been below the 24/27 bridge. Now, I've heard that was a Big mistake so gonna fish further up on the lake this year.

6. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    yeah, the markers are big buoys with the numbers on them right in the middle of the lake on up the river. They aren't below the bridge I don't think. Above the bridge is definately better. Anywhere from right just above the bridge on up river just depending on where the fish are. I think they like the current a lot. That's why they stay up there. Good luck!!