Tillery, 2-12-07

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CMJ, Feb 12, 2007.

1. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Well, fished from daylight to 1:00 pm . The day started out good, I got a 24 pounder ten minutes into fishing , but that was it other than a few small whites. The bait was easy in the swift island cove, the water temp was 44 out on the main lake. There was a decent current most of the morning. Only thing missing was the fish......:lol: , and they were there, they just didn't cooperate....:roll_eyes: The gulls were happy when I threw out the leftover bait...:big_smile: For me 2007, is starting out a little slower than 2006.

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Retired, have warm clothing and willing to travel to Tillery for some hogs, if I get an invite, will return the favor on LKN, if you want to catch some little blues (ha,ha,ha). Will need directions, since I have never been to hog heaven! Will bring some cut bait for you to try out. This message is for Robert, Jeff, Michael and other hog catchers.

3. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Just PM Mack We should be able to do better then CMJ. See-ya.

4. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey Robert, I could say, well, you didn't do better than me on Feb. 3rd, but I won't..........:lol:

5. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    That's a good one Jeff. There have been days when I've caught 'em and days I haven't caught 'em. I think we all have them days. Hell, I think the whole "Yadkin gang" does pretty good. Mac, you got a PM too, let me know! I'd be happy to fish with any of ya'! I am going to try to go this weekend, but I may need someone to help me reel in some fish. I got my right thumb mashed good today while building a transmission at work and took most of the fingernail off and it got swollen good too. got to get x-rays in the AM to make sure it's not broken. Oh well, it comes with the territory I guess. It'd be hard to reel in a 40 lb. blue without a good right thumb. I may have to "hook and hand off" on Sat. later

6. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Yeah, I think we all do good too Chris, I Just hope it picks up a little soon, and it will. Tomahawk will probably put a whopping on me at badin since I said that......:lol: I might ought to just stay at home.....:lol: Then again I might get lucky.....:big_smile: Hate to hear about your thumb, when that rod loads up you will forget about it.........:big_smile:

7. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I'm going to try Badin this weekend to do some scouting more or less and try a few things out. I may fish the March tourney but if I don't think I got a chance, then I can't afford it. I get a day off tomorrow maybe out of this thumb deal anyway. It'll heal, it's not the first time. When you pull wrenches, you just learn to deal with it. I bet it takes 100 lb. to win Badin next month!

8. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    Hey chris, scout good, I hope to fish badin alot more often now. Never been on the lake. but I think I know where the badin bomber is...lol. is going up river towards dam where yall were talking couple months ago about it being rocky?

9. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I'm scouting Jerry! Whenever you plan on going out just let me know! And if you start playing around up there by them rocks, just be careful, I've took the time to learn 'em pretty good so I can go fish up there. Fun stuff up there in the spring. Tons of crappie up river right now through March. go catch me some. I miss eatin' them thangs. see ya

10. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey jeff you ant got to worry about the piper at badin.....:lol: omar said hes the big man at badin. sorry to hear about the thumb chris but you ask for it when started turning bolts for a living. i bet you tape a nice piece of cut bait to it and it will feel better.:wink: if my phone dont stop ringing im going have to sell my boat. of coarse if it stopped for too long that would be bad too. mac your welcome to fish with me whenever i get back at it.

11. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Hey, that phone ringing is good right? That means you can save up for when it don't ring and go fishing more. I think you did het a couple weeks off at Christmas. I remember when you would e-mail me and say, "well, while you working, I got a 62 lb. blue this morning!" Omar may think he is the big man on Badin, but I've fished it too much and know that it will bite you and make a fool of the best of 'em. That's all I have to say about that!

12. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well im just waitng on one of them good post you see on here everynow and then. then i will get caught up real fast ......:lol: o yea congrates on the 24lber jeff. was many folks fishing today?

13. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Not too many, I saw one pontoon that looked like they were fishing for cats, and a few crappie fishermen.

14. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    hey guys, i was just wondering if i could chat it up with you, i fish just down river in blewett and we sure dont have many serious rod fishermen down here, hopin maybe i could chat it up with ya and tell a few lies

15. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Why don't you come on up and fish with us sometime Pat?! You are more than welcome anytime. Ya'll got any big boys down there in Blewett? blues, flats or what. I guess you got blues, flats and channels. Tillery has everything. see ya

16. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    WE GOT SOME PRETTY GOOD FLATHEADS ROOKIE, MY BIGGEST IS 40# BUT IVE SEEN 50# FISH COME OUT OF THE LAKE, IVE ALSO SEEN 50 # BLUES, BUT THAT IS ONCE IN A BLUE MOON, YOU HAVE DONE REALLY WELL TO CATCH A 20# BLUE, I WENT SAT AND FLATLINED AT THE SPILLWAY AND ENDED UP WITH 10 BLUES, MY BIGGEST WAS ABOUT 15# AND I HAD 4 OVER 10, SO IT WAS A PRETTY GOOD DAY, I'M REALLY INTO THE FLATHEADS BUT I CAT PATTERN THEM WORTH A FLIP ON BLEWETT, I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD SOME TIPS