tillery 11/25

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catfishrus, Nov 25, 2006.

1. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    tomahawk, my son and i went to tillery this morning. little bite nippy out there this morning. plenty of bait in the cove at the little bridge. the fishing was a different story though. we marked plenty of fish but they would only play around with the baits. we did manage to get one decent fish. it was a 30lb blue. would have let my son catch him but he couldnt stay awake, so i took the honors of reeling him in. i told him hes got to keep one eye open when hes fishing with me because i cannot be trusted. hes got to earn them big ones.

Attached Files:

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on the nice blue!!!

3. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Nice Fish Michael

4. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I was going to join you at Tillery Michael, but decided to go to Badin and try for some stripers. I'm glad I did. I got 5 good keepers from 6 to 12 lb. I turned a blue loose off a jug about the size of the one you caught. I had a time chasing him around the lake. He would hold the jug under for several minutes at a time. Man I forget how good them stripers are. They are hard to beat on the dinner table. Everyone was catching them this morning. seagulls everywhere. I love it when it's like that! see ya

Attached Files:

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    chris,we seen some seagulls but nothing hitting on the top at tillery. looks like some good eating you got there.

6. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I had some tonight. They was good:smile2:

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Congrats to both of you on some nice fish