Tiller Or console?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by screamnclickersc, Sep 22, 2006.

1. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    How many people on here prefer tillers to console steering and why?

2. riverratmatt

riverratmatt New Member

State:
    ky, totz
    i prfere tiller because i have a small boat so i dont have the rome for a console

3. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    console by far. for me it is much more comfortable.plus you got all your gauges right in front of you compared to none with a tiller.downside is it will cost you more for the console

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Tiller boat.
    Way better boat control. And more open floor room also.
    My next one will be a Alumacraft Tournament pro 185 Tiller. And had all the gauges on the side of the boat.
    Pete

5. Cornhusker

Cornhusker New Member

State:
    Lancaster, Ohio
    I would like to have a console but when I bought my boat I decided that I wanted the room in the boat more than the convenience of the console.

I really do enjoy that big open area on the floor for a work place to bait up, re-rig and, if I'm lucky, take a fish off.

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    We have console, love it, but I do see how without it there would be much more space. I really like Center Console boats myself.

7. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I like the tiller better more room

8. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I like the tiller steer for the room and as stated better control. I have a consol now but will convert it to tiller when I can afford to buy me a new engine.

9. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    I've got a tiller right now but I plan on buying a new boat in a couple of years and it will have a side console. I just like the comfort of a console.

st

:0a22:
    :0a17:

10. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Console is what I have. Getting ready to sell the boat and buy a center console boat. Nothing like having a trim button for when you run out of water. Plus I don't think you can get a 150hp motor in a tiller......

11. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    The console with a windshield,it makes about every thing eazier.From tying up to better visibility.And on the cold days u will be thankfull for that windshield........:001:

12. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Theres some of the Walleye guys a and the big boats in Washington state that are running 250+ tiller motors.
    And you can get power steering for them now also.
    Pete

13. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I'd hate to feed a 150 these days. Just not worth it to me.
    Too many options for big boats that take less engine these days.

Pete, your next boat is the PH22. You gotta take the plunge.:lol:

14. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I've had 2 console boats in my bass fishing days, but my latest is a tiller. Wasn't sure how I'd like it, but it's only 16 ft so I do like the extra room. It's got a 75" beam, so two guys can move around anywhere in the boat. When I do upgrade to a bigger boat, I will probably get another console boat though. Thinking about getting a cabin boat like BigMagic's, so when the flying carp start jumping, I've got somewhere to hide!:crazy:

15. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    A center console and a trash can lid is a lot cheaper then a cabin boat....LOL

16. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    LOL you may just be right there.
    But still like a tiller boat.
    Also Mark I have a 140 on my boat. And its not bad at all. Matter fact the 25 hp 4-stroke burns more then the 140 4-stroke . But then again the 25 is on a boat rated for a 50. LOL
    Pete

17. Boogie68MHS

Boogie68MHS New Member

State:
    Tovey, IL
    We have a 20 foot jon with a console and a 16 foot with a tiller and the 16 is much better for catfish.