Tiller grip

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by catfishcrazyjr, Jul 23, 2006.

1. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    any one know where i can get a tiller grip for a 1953-54 evinrude 15hp

2. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    Call Chuck and Dave's on Reno. Ask for Dave.

Did you break it off completly? If it's still just cracked it works fine. At least it did for me.

BTW.... how is that old motor doing?

Dave

3. catfishcrazyjr

State:
    oklahoma
    no i did not break it i got new tiller arm,hood,lower unit,and prop but i can not find a grip for the tiller arm. have you been doin any fishin i ave had my boat out a few times but aint caut much. are you still fishin the acats tourny's? we need to hook up and go do some fishin

4. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Try vintage outboard motors in Washington, state if you have no luck elsewhere. Good luck, Jack.

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Jermery go to this site and e-mail these folks. Very good to do business with. They should have one. I looked thru my junk and found one but it was busted all the way down the side.

http://www.twincityoutboard.com/

6. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    I have been fishing El Reno every weekend. Yet to catch one but I'm setting my sights high.

I had a good run with the clicker, bent the pole in half and good thing the clicker was on. If it had not been on I would have lost the pole and reel. I will be there this coming weekend. I'm not sure what night because we are going to prefish lake Sardis for the year end classic.

You should look in your e-mail for my number. If you can't find it send me a PM.

Anyhow good luck finding a handle for that motor. I'm glad it is running well for you. BTW..... If you ever want to sell it; I want first dib's on buying it back.

Dave

7. catfishcrazyjr

State:
    oklahoma
    hey bubba, the grip is busted or the alum handle? i just need the rubber grip

8. catfishcrazyjr

State:
    oklahoma
    still cant find a rubber tiller grip!!!

9. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Have you tried a bicycle shop...? Just a thought.

10. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Hey I forgot I have one more stored in the barn. I'll have to check in the day light though. Wouldn't want to pull out something that has no shoulders and long and slithery.:lol: I might have just what you need. The handle and grip were both good.

11. catfishcrazyjr

State:
    oklahoma
    did you have 1 in the barn?

12. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    It had been already removed. I do have on on an older 18 Does yours throttle from the tiller. I can't remember that far back. :lol:

13. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    It throttles from the tiller. You twist it like a motorcycle.

Dave

14. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Jeremy I have one on an older 18 h/p that might work. Empty your PM box and I'll get you addy and send it to you. I didn't relize I still had that old skelton still there until I saw it on the saw horse. While prowling around in there I found a complete 35 h/p johnson electric start. I might see if that thing still runs. That thing is tiller steer to'