Tilled her up

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by JERMSQUIRM, Apr 18, 2006.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well its getting warm. been in the 80's this week. got out into the garden yesterday and moved all the stuff that was sitting there and got it tilled up yesterday. planted the seeds i grow. the plants ill wait another week or so just to be sure of no frosts.

got my pumpkins and zuchinni and okra seeds planted. cant wait till harvest.:)

those pumpkin blossoms are great eating. now ill be looking for pepper plants. hope to get some exocits this year.

anyone else getting prepaired? the craxy weather has put this off. ide normally have don it a month ago,lol. we had tornadoes and 70's after midnight one week and the next 8"of snow and more 70's and tornadoes the week after.:mad:

2. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    I'm ready to go, tilled 2 weeks ago, re-tilled this week to speed up warming the ground. Planted a bushel of seed potatoes this week, we also planted 40 broccoli plants. Lettuce is in and of coarse green onions. My radishes, lettuce, and green onions are up and all good size, another week and we will have green onions for the table. Planted more onion sets yesterday to keep them coming, I generally like to stagger planting times
    about three weeks apart, then when they are ready we re-plant. It is too early for the tender plants...peppers, cukes. tomatoes, etc. Not too early
    to seed beans, corn, cukes etc. In NE Ohio I have seen it frost the third
    week of May, then we run like crazy to cover everything...not good for
    this old fellow. I do plant some tender things in our raised beds, but not
    alot. If you can't resist planting tenders, cut the bottom from gallon milk
    jugs, remove the cap and place the jugs over the plants, make a neat little green house.

3. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Didn't Know anyone knew the secret about
    pumkin blossums LOL.

4. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I have over 60 of tomatoes and peppers out. I am getting ready to move out my cucumber starts. I love the garden season and am going to can up the excess to enjoy when the snow flys. I have lettuce thats ready to harvest and My herbs should sprout soon. May you have large yeilds and good eats.

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya gonna re till the rest where i havent got things in yet today and get more planted.