Tiki torches for bank fishin

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by georgiamike, Sep 19, 2006.

1. georgiamike

georgiamike New Member

State:
    Texas
    Here is something that I do when the kids and I go fishing from the bank at night. We use tiki torches set up in a square around us. We got ours at Lowes and they are pretty cheap and seems to keep the bugs away and gives off just the right amount of light. My eight year old loves it cuz the snakes swim by to see what the light is all about (he loves tryin to hit them with rocks).

2. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    Thats A Good Idea. I'm Gonna Try That Next Time I Go To The River.

3. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    That is a good idea, we do that around our campsite as well. I just hope everyone is VERY careful not to start fires. I know the rivers I fish have so many tall weeds and brush, it would be very easy to accidentally start a fire with one. Would work great on an open bank spot though! Sure would beat all the bugs the darned lantern draws in!

4. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    I never used the tiki torches, but we have some of the kerosene lanterns that we fill with tiki torch fuel. They give a soft yellow light and keep the bugs away pretty well.

5. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Have some friends that use them around their dock when night fishing. They work great for light and keeping the bugs away.. Had a friend that use to put some kerosene in a coffee with a rag and burn it. It worked preety good except for the smell. Think the tiki torches are much better.

6. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Sounds Like A Pretty Good Idea Thanks. Hope The Snakes Don't Get To Mad Lmao

7. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    When I go camping or night fishing, I like to take a couple of large citronella candles, the kind that weigh in over 5 ponds and come in galvanized bucket. They repel skeeters and other bugs. They work adequately for the most part, but I may have to invest in a few of the tiki torches and give them a try.

8. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sounds like a good idea....all my night fishing is done by boat though, I guess I could throw a couple in the rod holders and have my own floating party.