tiger ugly sticks

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by slikk03, Jul 4, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    do these come in ten footers, and if i want a slower tip for winging big weghts out far, what one should i get, next moth i need to get me a new rod, and im thinking a tiger or big water, i need long , medium hevy, and good line guids, for casting big weghts in the missisipie from the bank, i want a ten or twelv footer

2. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yea i need a ten or twelv

3. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    7' is the max that you can get a Tiger in.

4. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    well, then i need something longer, what about bigwater

5. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Well do you want a 1 pc rod or 2 pc??

1pc the max is 8' and 2pc the max is 12'

What action do you want??

6. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio

The Tiger Rod can be bought in 7'6", that's the casting model. I personally own the 7' model and I have no problem casting far with large weights.

However, since you're interested in larger rods I would recommend the Ugly Stik Big Water rods. They have a larger variety for spinning rods, ranging from 9' to 13' models, the 12' model having a whopping 2 - 12 oz weight rating! The casting model is only available in 10' and 12', they do have smaller ones - but that obviously isn't what we're looking for in this case.

Bass Pro sells them around $60 - $75.00, depending on what you decide to go with. The larger ones are 2-piece also.

I almost bought one, they're very sturdy (I love "broomstick" rods). The only thing that drew me away was the fact that I will be on a boat on the majority of my upcoming fishing trips.

I have a 10' Catmaxx combo with the CM80 spinning reel, and it casts great. I will actually be storing her very soon as an "extra setup" since I've switched to 1-piece casting rods.

7. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Ugly Stik Bigwatr Rods, come in 12' Model (BWS 1100 100)

8. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Jake, get the Big Water 12'. They are killer. They have a fast tip and a strong back bone. They can rocket launch a 12 oz. weight a long way. :big_smile:

9. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Show me where???? Also if so do they sell medium or medium heavy in anything over 7'??

10. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Jake, you might want to look into those rods by cherokee. New sponsor here. Supposed to be a good rod coming in the length's you want. Think Paul has had his hands on them and might be able to tell you more about them.

only a suggestion

11. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Shelby i just looked at Shakespeare's website, looks like the tiger goes up to 8' but only a ML action if I'm seeing it right All the MH and H actions in a tiger are 7'. The bigwaters go up to 15' XH action.

Looks like the Bigwater series is something that Jake would be looking for

Link to Shakespeare's rods on their site.
    http://www.shakespeare-fishing.com/index_rods.html

12. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yea, i just want one that will still work good with a circal hook, not to heavy, so i dont know, if im going to get a rod i gues ill half to post more.i want out 50 yards with ten oz weghts, but i need some flex, for a circal hook to work good,but im leaning to a bigwater casting medium heavy, twelve or a hevy, just dont know if the heavy action will load up for circal hooks, but i need heavy to get distance, any input, i cant just go look and test one, im 3 hours off from a place thats got them

13. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I'm pretty sure I seen them on their website, and if my mind serves me right I saw a 7'6" casting at BPS when I was picking up my 7. I remember arguing with myself over trying to shove an extra 6 inches in my car and truck without giving it a bend.

14. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    tigers are not for me, im leaning to bigwaters, so, i posted abve on bigwaters

15. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Thanks Mike, Thats what I thought I have 4 tigers an would love a MH or even a Medium in 7'6" or 8' in a 1 pc rod.

I have been looking everywhere for one.