tiger stik

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by armyfisher, Sep 26, 2008.

1. armyfisher

armyfisher New Member

State:
    georgia
    i've always used shakespeare rods mainly ugly stik i bought a catstik a while back and loved the hell out of it until it got pulled over the rail so needless to say i'm in the market for a new rod. i've been looking at the tiger stik 7foot. i've also been looking at a jarvis walker rod, i wanna go with my instinct and pick up the tiger stik but i would love to know what yall think is better. thanks brothers, keep on fishing:smile2:

2. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I can't speak for the Jarvis walker rod, but the tigers are great rods! They have what it takes to put any freshwater fish in the boat! They also have CS or B&B rods that are highly recommended on here! I forgot about the Jamison rods also! The tigers haven't failed me yet! I wish you luck!:cool2:

3. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i use a tiger rod when i first started fishing for trophy cats i thout that the tiger would be a good cheap rod to get me started well im still using it i got a ocen master rod but i like the tiger just as good and wouldent hesatate to buy anuther tiger

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    it depends on what your looking to get out of it because the tigers are stiffer to the tip than the catfish. if your wanting a tiger that acts like the catfish youd probally be looking at the ml rated tiger or one of the tiger lites. like cajun said the sponsers on here have some great rods in the same price range give or take. just look under sponsers on the fourm jumper.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    You will be making a sound decision with the Tiger Rods.

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I heard that Tiger rods, are real good for the money.

7. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I have 6 MH 2202 Tiger Rods.

Make sure you pick the right one for your style of fishing. I fish a high current river and use heavy weights and go after big fish, so the MH action is needed. For a lake, I would probably suggest the M action.

The Tiger Lites are good poles too, and will give you a better fight against smaller fish than the regular Tigers.

They are great rods and the price is good too.

Good luck with your purchase!

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Damn, thought that was my post at first.
    I have 6 MH Tiger Rods also, but I think mine are 2201's. Everything else he said is spot on!

9. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I use plain ol' Ugly Stiks and the white catfish Ugly stiks. I haven't seen a fish yet that can brake one. If they do,send it to Shakespeare. They all have the same warranty. So get out cheap and get a black MH UglySTIK. or perhaps a Shakespeare Sturdy Stik. They are tough.

10. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have used ugly sticks since as far as I have remember. My dad uses them and those are what I use. I bought an ugly stick tiger two years ago when bass pro didnt have the actual ugly stick I wanted, and I absolutely love it. It is a very sturdy rod and I like the extra eyes that are on it compared to the normal ugly sticks i do use. And i love them so much that next time I need to buy a rod I will go with the Tiger. No need for one now because my other ugly sticks are just as awesome. Just not as many eyes

11. DH84

DH84 New Member

State:
    Eastern NC
    I bought some tiger lites last march and i couldnt be happier. I ended up getting both the M and the H to see which one i liked better and the H has been perfect for what i do. Its plenty of rod for a large fish and it can cast 4-5oz of weight with a large bait no problem but at the same time you can catch an 8-10lb fish and still get a great fight. The best price i could find on them was $55. Id like to get a few more here in the near future. Heres a few pictures of them..

Attached Files:

12. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats a nice set up Rob.

13. petersoutcats

petersoutcats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I sure like my Tiger. It's my most lucky, and my favorite.
    IMG_0025.jpg

14. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Buying a new rod is like buying a new hunting gun.

You would not want to hunt rabbits w/a 270 so therefore you would not fish for small cats with the tiger.

the tiger is for 30 to 60 lb line and normally 5 to 7 oz weight.

the tiger rod is a very good log jam and river rod and has a hell of a back bone where you can turn that big fish and keep him out of the wood.

the cat stick you had is a very good rod using up to 30 lb line you can catch some big fish with it.

Also the Shakespeare Tidewater are some good rods for there price and I would rate them with the tiger

Just remember tho buy a rod for the fishing you are targeting.

Best cat rods are 7 to 9 ft and in the med. heavy class

Good luck and happy fishing