Tiger or big cat?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by catchaser19, Mar 13, 2007.

1. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    I looking for a brute of a rod to drag large flatheads out of snags in heavy current. I was going to get the tiger model # bwc2202 but then i stumbled onto the big cat bcc76h and i wasnt sure on wich would be a better rod for the money iam not sure how much the big cat goes for but i know i can get the tiger for around 55 bucks. To get to the point i wanted to ask my brothers if you put identical reels on the rods mentioned and put them to use in the roughest part of the river where huge cats are bound to be which rod would you rather trust to rage war on 50 plus pound flatheads in thick cover and current pushing 5 miles an hour any input is valued

2. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I think if you read on here you'll see most people swear by the TIGER Ugly Stick, have 4 Tigers at the moment and love them. I don't think you can beat the Tiger for durability and toughness, I don't have experience using these in the river but I'm sure there will be those who will write in and give you their experience. Also if you go to Google Search or another search engine and punch in Brotherhood of Catfish you'll find the old site, I visit almost every day---there is alot of good info on the especially the TIGER and also the Big Cat. To me some of the best old info and knowledge is in the old site, can't beat the knowledge of those with years of experience. Also Ugly stick has a great warrantee!!

3. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I HAVE BOTH AND I WOULD DEFINITELY GO WITH THE UGLY TIGER.

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i bought that tiger last month and it is a brute of a rod.

5. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    Thanx guys ill go buy a tiger:smile2:

6. Koon

Koon New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    TIGER! TIGER! TIGER!

7. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I have 4 Tiger rods, very nice. If your looking for something for heavy current, you might want to take a look at a MH or H action SURGE! Their awesome rods. Search this site and you'll find several posts that praise them. Alright, 1 or 2 of them might be mine but there are quite a few others.:smile2:

8. clintonhawg1

clintonhawg1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    I have no information on the big cat but the tiger is a awesome rod .If you get any info on the big cat let us know.

9. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    TIGER,but i would go with the 2201 for live bait.it has a little softer tip for flatheads,but plenty of brute.

10. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I have 4 of the BWC2201's and 4 of the BWC2202's with ABU700C3's on all but two and they have ABU BG9000's on them. I don't think you'll beat the tiger rods for strength and durability. The 2201 is for 20-50lb line and is a little more sensitive then the 2202 which is for 30-60lb line. I use both in the Ohio river with plenty of snags and current with no problems.