Tiger fishing rods - Where can i find them?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by bluecatnut, Mar 16, 2006.

1. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    does anyone know where i can get a tiger rod spinning in heavy action

2. Jamey

Jamey New Member

State:
    Pegram, Tennessee
    Do they even make a heavy action Tiger? The closest thing I've seen is the M/H (medium/heavy) action, which I highly recommend by the way. :cool:

I know there are plenty of heavy action models of Uglystik out there, but dunno bout the Tiger..

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have never heard of a heavy action tiger rod..I have a medium heavy action tigher rod, and I could not imagine anything stiffer than it, It is a broomstick...If I bought another tiger, it would be a medium action..The medium heavy stiger, is actually more of a heavy action rod than I have ever seen.

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    All that I have seen is M/H and could catch a giant and not need a heaver rod.
    But a heads up. Mine has one of the welds on the eyes coming louse on one side.
    Pete

5. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
  6. tfish442003

tfish442003 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i have two and at first i wasnt sure about them but now i love them plan on getting a couple of more.

7. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    Bass Pro has 2 on their rack right now. A m/h and a m/l, both are $55.95. I ordered 2 mediums from the store, picked them up yesterday. Great rods!

8. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Check out our sponsor Catfish connection. They have Tiger rods. The service is great and the shipping is fast.

9. kyblue49

kyblue49 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    yeah, catfish connection is a pretty good place to get anything catfish.I got two new 6500 for $55 a piece.

10. FlatGetter

FlatGetter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I think a tiger MH is more like H, Catfish Connection, Cabelas, and Bass Pro all have a good selection of tigers.

11. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    If there's an Academy Sports anywhere near you, you can get them there too. I checked em out yesterday at one of the stores near me. The medium heavy is a fairly stiff rod. I don't have one so I can't really tell you anything about it, but I liked the feel of it. I don't remember the price exactly but it was around what everyone else is saying.

12. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Sounds like the MH is as heavy asit gets in the regular Tiger rods, with the exception of Tiger Lights. I have 6 MH Tiger Rods, 7' one piece, mated with ABU 7000's and have never had a complaint out of any of them.
    Thanks Shilo for the heads up, after reading your post, I went and checked all mine out. All the welds are still good.

13. REED

REED New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hi,

Not to beat a dead horse, my understanding is that the Ugly Tiger is SALTWATER rated at MH. It is actually a heavier action than freshwater heavy. I went with the M as the MH I handled was to stiff for my taste. Hope this helps.

Reed

No fear, No meaness, No envy.