tieing off to trees

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by whisker_chaser, Mar 29, 2008.

1. whisker_chaser

whisker_chaser New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I fish Truman and often tie up to trees and I havent figured out a real handy way of doing so yet. Just wondered how some of you guys tie up to trees that range in size. I would like to find a little bit more user friendly approach.

2. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I tie off and fish all the time, crappie, cats, you name it. Long black rubber bungee cords work good, usually just tie off to the transom handles and then tie the bow rope to the next nearest tree. If there's not two trees close together then I usually tie off the bow and drop an anchor off the back, easier to anchor the back because the bow will swing around more because it sits higher. Also tie off with two anchors at times also, one up front, one in back. Hope this helps! Chris

3. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    when tighing up to trees you might want to size up tree, and think about it falling over, a few years back one fell across a boat and killed a man, wife was rescued the next morn. I belieive, he drove a locai shool bus here, I have personal bumped trees and had them fall, keep your eyes open it worse when water comes up, can't tell much about tree. may be small under water,
    Jim

4. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I like to use a brush gripper tied to a long rope. Either clip directly to the tree or wrap rope around the tree and clamp on the rope.

5. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i was thinking about getting that brush gripper and trying it. We try and tie off to 2 trees with ALOT of rope, sometimes 100'+
    My fav way is to stretch rope between trees and then tie off on ancor hooks both front and back. This works great if u leave just a lil slack