Tidewater reel

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by CountryCarp14, Sep 11, 2006.

1. CountryCarp14

CountryCarp14 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Hey guys i was wondering if you can tell me something about a tidewater reel is it the big handel that troughs it back in gear because it does have a power handle and some times that will happen

2. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You will get good review on them. I think they are ok for the money. I bought 2 and one lasted about 10 trips and the other is ok after 2 years.

3. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I've been using one all summer and they handle 30 and 40 lb fish with no problem..

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    They are great reels for the money, I was impressed with how well they cast also.

5. O2Bfishing

O2Bfishing New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    if you buy it at wal-mart you can take it back every spring and get a new one !!

6. boozer

boozer New Member

State:
    kansas
    ive had the same one for 8 years,never had a problem.pulled in some really nice trees and some small flats:crazy: :smile2:

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

The reels I have don't engage by the handle, mine are lever reels not thumb. I am not sure if that is what you are refering to are not though. If yours has a lever you move to cast then you should have to move it back to lock the reel in place.

8. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i have a couple and like them alot so far
    cast realy well
    you pull the lever back to cast and eith push it foward or just reel like half a turn to engage the spool

9. mycat

mycat New Member

State:
    winston sa
    The level wind broke on mine first season of use. Still use it. Drag works pretty good on heavy fish for a inexpensive reel.

10. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    i bought one about 4 years ago, liked it so much that i bought another one off of my buddy a few weeks ago..They are good reels