tidewater 30L baitcaster

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by massa_jorge, Jun 17, 2008.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    does anyone have one of these? i have had one in the extra tackle tote for almost 5 years. first time i used it the bait clicker broke and i threw it in the tote. well got bored the other night and broke it down and cleaned it, and fiddled with the clicker till i fixed it. i am an abu garcia man, but wanted to know if it would be worth getting a cheap berkley big game rod and using this reel. wanted to hear some stuff about the reel from folks that have it. thanks!

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    wanted to add it seemed to be a really strong reel. i pulled some big branches out of the river when i managed to get it out there without a birdsnest...

3. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    had a couple and thought they were junk.

would rather get a 30 dollar old style penn 209 from ebay.

4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i guess i can jack my thread... how do those penns compare to the ambassadeurs? like casting, gears, line capacity, etc?

5. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    The Penn 209 I lucked into on Ebay seems like it holds 2 or 3 miles of line.

6. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    well im a shakespear man and like the tidewater reels so im going to fend for them. i think if you bought a berkly big game rod (which are very very good rods in my opinion(which will probally start a big debait) i think you would have a very good fishing rig. and if it dont work out your only out of like what 50 dollars? worth a try atleast, and you never know you might like it.

7. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    To your ? about Penn, if your comppairing to a garcia there's nun shmaino will give abu a run for ther money . I just bought two 7000 ics Pro Rockets today for 150.00 ppd ea

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I have 8 of the set ups you are describing and I am very happy with them. I really like the reel and the big game rod is a really good rod for the money. I say use the set up and make your own decision.

9. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I have 3 Shakespeare Tidewater 30L's and one of them caught the 82 lber in my avater pic over three years ago and I'm still using it. I think they are great reels for the price. Pair it with an American Spirit Nite Stick for a big fish combo that won't hurt your wallet.

10. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I have two of the Tidewater 30Ls for the price you can't beat them. I use them right along side penn 209's and Okuma reels.

11. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I started out with a 30lc and a glowpole (BERKLEY) I sure cant say nothing bad about them I reeled in a few 25-30lbers and never once did I sweat it-I give them to a bubby and he is now using them I went to Penn 330gt- 209 -and 309 s have 1 abu garcia 6000
    You cant go wrong I dont think- not fer the money.....give er a shot and get back to us:wink: