Tides?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by kampfire, Oct 17, 2007.

1. kampfire

kampfire New Member

State:
    Virginia
    In the James, Ben Harrison Bridge to Jamestown Ferry, which tides should I target? low and incoming, or high and outgoing??

I fish around Claremont, and also around BH Bridge.

Thanks!! Happy to be here

Mitchell in VA

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Haveing fished tidal waters for quite some time. I find that the first couple hours of any tide change is the best. Make sure ya are workin the proper side of your targeted area according to the tide flow.

3. kampfire

kampfire New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Proper side meaning down current according to the way the river is running at the time?

Mitchell in VA

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    The area ya wanna target needs to be fished on the upside. In other words ya want to cast your offerin back to the area so it gets carried into it. Holes structure bends. Whatever ya are gonna concentrate on. When usein multiple rods spread em out at differnet depths of your targeted area.

5. HookLineSinker

HookLineSinker New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Most I've spoken with say the out going tide is the best. However, the bigest I've caught was 5pm, hot, sunny and on a slack tide. Just there at the right time by luck I guess.

Most anyone has more experience around the bridge than I do, but closer to the channel, just above and just below the bridge seems to be popular spots.

I like to fish drop offs because it allows me to put one line in deep and one in shallow water. Maybe someone here can give some help on selecting water depth.

Good Luck!

6. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Thanks for the good information, brothers.

Welcome to the BOC, Mitchell!

7. Ace Laserna

Ace Laserna New Member

State:
    Virginia
    So, when fishing the bridge, you should be up current and have your bait sitting under the bridge?