Tidal FLathead Catfish

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by kenlaw76, Aug 6, 2009.

1. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I am thinking about going after some Flats in tidal water. Do you guys find it better during high or low tide? Does it matter? Do you guys just go out at night and hope for the best. Any info. would be great. Thanks

2. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    You may wanna go the the North Carolina and South Carolina forums and ask nice fellas over there. They have dealt with tidal river flats longer than any of us.

3. WayneV

WayneV Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I ve been wondering the same thing ken. I know of a stretch in southwest phia. I dont think anybody fish's it. I'm actually goin to scout it tomorrow. The bank seems pretty treacherous though. If u wanna check it out let me know. Nobody likes goin down there with me, its next store to the hood, a couple people got shot in the area last night, but its kind of a wooded area and a couple dead blocks seperate it from the hood. So i'm not to worried about people walkin around in the dark. I'm just curious to see what i can pull outta there.

4. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    That would be cool. I will go with ya. I am thinking about the Delaware. It is an untapped resource :wink:.

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    The Delaware is like most big rivers like the Susky, Mississippi, and James which means if you have a boat, you have a better chance at getting some.

6. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Any of you guys suppose the Flats have made it to the Delaware River...Every so often I cast out live bait for the hell of it. Two weeks ago I actually had something pick it up and run with it for a bit....???...I was using carp equipment so it would of been awesome to land a flattie...

7. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I know that a guy got a #27 in the New Hope area. They are way up the river :wink:.