TICKS

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by stump jumper, Apr 25, 2008.

1. stump jumper

stump jumper New Member

State:
    illinois
    I WISH YOU MO BOYS WOULD STOP TEACHIN YOUR TICKS TO SWIM I WAS HAPPY WITH OUR IL TICKS NOW I HAVE TO LOOK FOR THOSE SHOW ME TICKS ,IN IL WE CALL THEM CHIGGERS WITH A FRECKEL,NOTHIN WORSE THAN THE OLD LADY ASSAULTING YOU WITH TWEEEEEEEZERS IN THE SHOWER TRYING TO GET THE LITTLE BUGGERS OFF YA :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

2. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    They sure seem to be out early this year. I had hoped that the cold winter would have slowed them down.

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    What we have here, Are Equal Opportunity Ticks. They not only swim they walk just as good as they dance. And they sail through the air with the greatest of ease.

4. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    I beg your pardon ..........if u look at their bellies they have made in sangamon county stamped right on them!

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am with Gary on this-I went close to the woods 2 times not more then a few minutes and I was covered more than I have ever been in my life...Oh and guys we have them here like that in Iowa too:wink:

6. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Steve, an old recipe for chiggers is to run a tub full of water and then add a cup of bleach and climb in.. Kills chiggers quick..

7. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Does anybody know what purpose ticks have in life? They are the most worthless bug I have ever seen but anyway I went out the other day off the Mo. river mushroom hunting and I picked off ticks for an hour. It was unreal how many there where. Got 2 bag fulls of shrooms in 2 hours.

8. Roscoe Dog

Roscoe Dog New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I spray my clothes with Repel Permanone and dont get ticks or chiggers anymore. Last weekend I was out turkey hunting and saw one on my sweatshirt but it was dead. The ticks die when they get on the sprayed clothes.