Tickled ugly

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by kingdawes, Aug 21, 2007.

1. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I just orderd my 12' big water extra heavy ugly stick, I am so excited I don't think I will be able to sleep when I finnaly get home from work.
    I will be posting a review on how it performs.
    In the mean time does anybody else own this rod and how do they like it?
    thanks

2. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yesterday I ordered the 12' casting Ugly Stick, but not the XH. The one I ordered has a 2oz to 12oz lure rating. I am curious to see how it will be. I don't believe they are very good casting rods, but I had gift certificates to use from Bass Pro. I have an Okuma 12' Solaris Surf which is really nice when using 4 or 5oz and bait with my 6500 Abu. I guess we will see how the Ugly Sticks perform. Good luck with yours.

3. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Cant wait for your reviews, Ive been wanting one of those myself. I cant figure out if I want a 10', 11' or 12'.

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I've got the 10' heavy, and they are great for heaving heavy weights a long ways.

I originally got a 12' MH (no longer made as best I can tell), but ended up returning it after my first casing practice. It just wasn't stiff enough for bigger weights and heavier weights, but would have been fine for under 3 oz.

I've been happy with the 10' heavy, and I think you guys will be pleased with the 12' H and XH. If I were buying now, I would probably go with the XH

5. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Man I got the rod and boy is it big. I guess I knew it was going to be but dang when you see it in person there is no mistake in its size. I mounted my 7000ic3 on it and man what a site. I went ahead and rigged it up for fishing expecting to try her out when I got of work tonight. That would have worked had the boss not called me in early. As soon as I hit the door I was running till I left. I do maintenance at a manufacturing factory and well it was one of those haywire days. I did get to do a mock cast and the action seems as though I can cast like 200 yrds. I can't wait to get it to a body of water that holds fish. As of now I am very satisfied with the rod.There will be more to come

6. coble9

coble9 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    where did you order them?

7. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I was gonna go through cabelas but they were out of stock. I ended up paying a little extra and getting them at bass pro

8. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    nice deer looks like you waited a while on that one. I used the rod tonight and am very satified. I can cast really far and the tip is still sensitive enough to pick up this smallest of bites. If your in the market for a rod that long I give it my recomendation

9. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Thanks for the info. I have heard a lot of good things about ugly stick rods and have been wanting to get one for a while now. I guess now I just need to go out and get one. Glad to hear you are satisfied with yours. I hope it lands many, many, kitties for you!