Ticked Off

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by BigCatter54, Jan 24, 2010.

1. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Supposed to go fishing this morning but the guy who I was supposed to go with never showed, bad thing is he was bringing the boat and I drove 2 hours for nothing today, not a good start to the week:pissed-off:

2. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il

3. paul c

paul c New Member

State:
    sparks ga
    That would upset me allso....... just hope nothing bad happen to him like a wrek or broke down.

4. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Yeah, I was hoping nothing bad happened too, cuz hell he called me last night around 7 to change the time form meeting at 8:00 to 9:00, just not a good deal, so let me state I am pissed if he got drunk last night and slept in this morning, if somethin bad happened, I am not happy, but I understand. Hell even if he would have called me this morning to say hey, I am wasted and I aint gonna beable to make it out this mornign, I wouldnt have been happy but I would have appreciated the honesty

5. paul c

paul c New Member

State:
    sparks ga
    I,m with you on that bro.

6. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    That is no good, Chad. Hope nothing happened to the guy. If he did get hammered and sleep through the alarm you need to bust his chops pretty good--not cool.

For what it is worth you did not miss much. We got out today and caught nothing...except frost bite! My neighbor and I decided to head out this morning and to my surprise Kutter called on our way to the ramp and said he was willing to brave the elements as well. So off the three of us went. I can tell you it was downright NASTY out there, and not a single fish to show for it. I'm with Tom from now on--NO WINTER FISHING!!

7. noj77

noj77 Member

State:
    Saint Peters, M
    That sucks. Nothing like getting all your fishing equipment ready to go, truck packed, and waking up first thing in the morning to bust your hump to get to the launch and the a__h___ doesn't show. Pissed off seems reasonable to me as I have been there too.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    That would upset anyone. It doesn't take much time or effort to make a phone call, if he had a problem. Sad...

9. brotherknothead

brotherknothead New Member

State:
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Hey bro sorry to hear that man. I believe in one thing that makes a man a man not a boy. That is his word. If he says he is going to do something then do it, if not then fix it. Hope all is good with him. Let us know what happen if you can.

10. Alabamacatman

Alabamacatman New Member

State:
    Phenix city,Ala
    did you try to call him and see if he was ok?

11. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Chad if I were to invite you to go with me the only way I wouldn't show up is if I were dead or near dead. If this guy isn't close to those two things.....he has a very serious problem with ethics!

12. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    YEah, I tried like six or seven times, hell, I sat around in the parking lot for about 50 minutes waiting for him to call, so at 9:50 finally decided he wasnt going to show up, , thats how bad I wanted to fish, lol got a bad case of cabin fever going on right now.

13. Andy52

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    OMG........Did I read this right, have I seen the light, is it a miracle....Kutter went fishing in January?

14. Andy52

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Me too and probably by the same person as you......but as I told you it will only happen once.

15. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    This very thing has happened to me before. I drove 2 hours to meet a close friend who did not show up and would not answer his cell phone. We were fishing a private lake where his relative lived and he was my way to access the property, I could not just go without him. Fishing with him was a bigger deal to me than it was to him because when I spoke with him later he acted like we didn't have firm plans, he had just found something better to do and blew off our fishing. Did I ever chew him out! He was a close friend so I didn't disown him over this, but made it clear that if something like that ever happened again he has to call me and let me know, I deserve that much at least. Since then I have had many fun and successful fishing trips with the guy, and he won't ever forget the chewing out I gave him.

He was telling me the other day about getting stood up by a girl for a date where he'd cooked this huge dinner for her and I just laughed. No sympathy, what goes around comes around.

16. Papa64

Papa64 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I guess I'm not the only one to have this happen then. I drove to a lake about 80 miles away and waited on a bud to show up. Had my 14 foot aluminum boat in the bed of my pickup, got it out by myself and back in by myself. Met him on the way home, he said; hey lets go back and fish. I told him I had aolready fished and wasn't going back. I fished for about 4 hrs so that was a bummer and a lot of work getting the boat in and out. I'm only 5'6" and about 150 at the time. Yep it really pi$$ed me off too.

17. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    just shows how insignificant of a person you are to this particular person. time to adjust your "friend" list.

18. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    Chad,

Do you have a boat? Or, were you just using his this time?

Heck, if I'd known you drove that far, I would of grabbed my boat and met you at the river so your day wouldn't of been wasted. I am considering a trip on the river next Saturday, provided nothing comes up. It should be a good weekend for fishing.

19. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    that really sucks ya didn't even get a call from the guy, i've had this happen to me but i was the one with the boat, someone was gonna meet up with me at my house at 6am ( i don't keep the boat parked at my house so i had to run 20 mins to get it ) so anyway i waited and waited and called his cell and of course no answer so i said F him and went myself, but i already waisted over an hour waitin around for this a$$. and then to top it off i gave the guy the benifit of the dout and and had the same thing happen again a month later, well now when this guy says anything about goin i just blow it off and invite someone else or go myself. burn me once...shame on you...burn me twice...F you
    and the real crappy thing is that it's my wife's uncle

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  20. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    sounds like you need to change wifes:rotfl: