Ticked Off At Lake Monticello

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Big Cat Hunter, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Here we were going to the lake to enjoy a beautiful day of fishing. We got a late start and decided to take a dip. We went to the island that we always camp on, and we found a land fill. We could not believe our eyes with all the trash and the debris that some idiot had left. We picked up 9-13 gallon bags of trash. Ever who had the audacity to disrespect mother nature in this manner should be hung up by their ankles with their head in a fire ant hill. My motto is "Leave it cleaner than you found it." As for fishing, we didn't catch much today, and no big ones to talk about.:angry:

2. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Yeah I hate people like that.

3. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Randy, as one of those who maintains the same philosophy as you (leave it cleaner than you found it), I would like to thank you for taking the time to clean up. Some people don't deserve the right to enjoy what mother nature has to offer if they so carelessly disrespect her. :angry:

4. marshmellow man

marshmellow man New Member

State:
    sc
    yea i seen this a couple of weeks ago and would have got it up but didnt have anything to put it and what sucks is sooner or later they will stop letting people camp on the islands because of a couple idiots and they do the same way at the campsites at the boat ramp i cant count the times we have clean up someone mess there before we could even set up out tents

5. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Good thing you did there. A lot of people just don't care.

6. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the cleanup. That's the best thing you can do: set a good example for others.

The worst part, at least for me, is to think that the idiots that made the mess were there to camp and "enjoy nature" and probably to fish.

7. sclariat

sclariat New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Big Cat Hunter, I am with you all the way. I have always felt that if someone takes all the time to go to the grocery store, put the groceries in the truck or car, take them out at the house, put them in their boat, haul them all the way to the lake, eat them----then all they have to do is put the trash in a plastic bag and put in trash can at the landing. The last part does not take much effort. Big Cat Hunter, the good Lord was watching them and you. He'll reward you for your effort when you don't expect it. For them, well who know?
    :big_smile:

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    thank you not many people take the time to clean up other peoples mess.i fish below the dams on the arkansas river and pick up a 5 gallon bucket ful or mono.ever time i go fishing.not many folks realize that it takes forever for this stuff to go away.

9. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    The whole dam lake is gettin trashier not just the islands and not just with littering.People settin jugs, waterskiing, runnin at night with no lights, fishin off the loading docks, swimmin around boat ramps and gettin mad when you ask them to move and this is just to name a few.Theres just not enough inforcement to even begin to control it all.One thing is for sure though if we all call DNR everytime we witness something like this then they will eventually figure out a way to at least slow it down. Dont sit back and do nothin.Everybody loves this lake because of its restrictions and its gone take all of us to keep it that way.Theres been more people on Monticello this year than I have ever seen and with the new developments goin on its just gone get worse.I'm afraid the no jet or waterskiing rule will be lifted before to long and I dont think theres anything that can be done to stop it, if there is we need to start workin on it now. Good job Randy you will get repayed for that, take care of mother nature and she'll take care of you.

10. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Always leave it cleaner than you found it!!!!!