Tick season

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ka_c4_boom, Apr 3, 2007.

1. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    just a heads up , at work today i went to the nurse just in case i get sick i wanted them to know why , i found a tick embeded in my belly just above my waist line it wasnt there before work so i must have picked it up at work them power plant ticks work fast :lol: wasps are out bad aswell had one get under my safety glasses you talk about close calls i was freaking out :lol: lucky for me he didnt freak out tho im allergic to wasps and bees not to mention i hate being stung

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    a friend from the hunting website I post at just got lyme disease. We really need to be careful even when in our own yards.

3. talk2sampson

talk2sampson New Member

State:
    smithville mo
    yep ticks and turkey/mushroom hunting go hand in hand. its the season, i've pulled of at least a dosen already. anybody out there recomend any high power bug repalant? the stuff i have been using just dosent cut it.

4. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    I hate ticks and as said above. morel hunting and ticks go hand in hand. So far none found, time to stock up on the DEET. Thanks for the heads up.

5. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Good heads up Chuck. I found two on me the past two days. I aint scared of snakes,spiders, or just about anything else mother nature and God throws at me. But ticks just creep me out nasty little monsters LOL

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I hear ya. I found about 30 on me monday after mushroom hunting. They are pretty thick.

8. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I sure hope them things stay south this year.:big_smile: Cause I can't stand em either.
    We got snow last night, so it may be a while yet.

9. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Try putting a little Diesel fuel or wd-40 on your old clothes that you ware out hunting. The Ticks hate it, and your wife will to if you bring them in the house. LOL... I guess you will need to decide which you like the least the smell or the ticks.

10. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ticks are out in full force here, too. Pulled off a deer tick yesterday, after I'd been out raking the endless oak leaves. I was hopin they'd not be so bad this year, cuz we had such a cold winter, but I think they're worse than ever. I did a search online for natural repellents, but couldn't find much info. Looks like DEET is the way to go.

If you're in an area where you can keep guinea fowl, they do a good job gobbling up the bugs... ticks are their favorite. We only have one left, but I hope we can get some more, cuz looks like we're gonna need a whole crew!

11. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    I use repellent with Permethrin in it. You have to apply it to your clothes and let it dry before you wear them, should last for a couple of weeks supposedly through several washings. Use regular DEET repellent for any exposed skin. Wrap duct tape around pant cuffs to seal that way in.

12. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
  13. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    We don't get many ticks here, but I remember my Marine days at Camp Lejune...we had them all the time.

14. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    they are rediculos here i have allready had to spray my yard and spread the granuals this year my dog had about 50 on her and she has been treated with front line and there still getting on her its an epidemic here

15. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Seems like the ticks have gotten real bad the past couple years in my area. I came home from a walk in the woods to do a little Turkey scouting and had about a dozen of them on me.

16. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    an old guy told me once to put the tags that they put into cows ears on your boots,dont know if it works but there supposed to have some repellant on them.

17. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I can,t stand any kind of blood suckers :big_smile: