Tica fishing reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Douglas Foster, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Douglas Foster

Douglas Foster New Member

State:
    SW Oklahoma
    Any of the Brotherhood have any experience with the Tica Gemini series GN300 reels? I've been watching one on ebay, and it looks good in the picture, but I've never acually held one in my hands. I'm usually a died in the wool Abu user, but these are interesting lookng reels. Any opinions? Thanks, Doug

2. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I have a tica caiman ca 205. It's well made and I really like it! Don't know about the others.

3. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    They are very good reels, on the heavy side for most situations but they get the job done.

4. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Doug, I'm not sure about the model of the reel you mentioned, but I bought 3 Tica spinning reels a few years back. I have caught numerous large fish on them and am still using them today. They are some of my favorite reels. Vern

5. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Doug ,Tica makes some of the finest reels available. I have 4 of their ultralight spinning reels. I use them for crappie and bluegill with 2# test line. When I say I use them I mean I really use them and using the 2#, the drags really get a workout. The reels perform flawlessly.
    My brother has one of their baitcasters and loves it. It is about the size of an Abu 7000. I'm sorry but I don't remember the model # of his reel. He uses it saltwater fishing.
    Be careful when purchasing Tica though as they do make some junk just like most mfg.'s. They have high end middle and low end stuff.
    Hope this helps

6. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I got a Tica Sportera Spinning reel last summer and it is awesome. Its a great reel and has held up to some big flats. I also have Abu Bait caster but I think I will get a TICA baitcaster after seeing how well built my spinning reel is.

7. Douglas Foster

Douglas Foster New Member

State:
    SW Oklahoma
    Wow! it went for $70. Now I'm gonna have to do some research on these babies.

8. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    I think that reel retails for 125+ or more. They aren't cheap knock offs. They usually go over 100 for new ones on auctions when I was looking. I wanted one but they are a little steep for me. I have a spinning reel from them it is quite nice.

9. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    So knowbody know which ones are the knock offs. I have six rods I need to fix up with reels and I found cj 150 for 90 bucks a piece. I don't know if that is good or not.

10. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Hey not sure about the knockoffs but I can tell you Tica makes two versions of the Tica Libra. The Gb and Sa series the Gb seems to be a cheaper version with less bearings than the Sa. I have read good things about this reel but hesitant to buy it ever since a bad experience with an Okuma im not sure if I want to try anything other than Shimano's.