Tica Caiman reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Douglas Foster, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Douglas Foster

Douglas Foster New Member

State:
    SW Oklahoma
    I was just wondering if any of the Brothers or Sisters have any experience with the Tica Caiman series baitcasters. I read a reveiw that made them sound like a pretty solid reel, but I'd like to know your experiences with them. I'm wondering if the 150 series would be a good catfish reel on a Uglystik Tiger. What do you think? Thanks, Doug the Curious

2. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I have two Tica reels. One I use for the cats the other stripers. So far they've held up well. I only got 17lb and 20lb on each reel. Don't know gow they would do with heavy line.

3. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Doug my brother has a Tica Caiman and although I don't remember the size I do know that he says it is his favorite reel. He lives in FL and uses it for saltwater fishing. He's had it for 5 years now and has had zero problems. I believe that if it will hold up to saltwater use it should make a dandy catfish reel. Especially on a good rod like maybe a Ugly Stik Tiger.

Cheez

4. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I use a Tica Sportera bait feeder spinning reel I use for flathead fishing and its one of the best reels I have ever owned. Tica makes great reels!