TICA BAITCASTERs

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by deanc, Jul 12, 2006.

1. deanc

deanc New Member

State:
    GA
    I bought 2 TICA Caiman CA200s and I really like them so far. It has 12 bearings and a great drag system. Also has a bait loud bait clicker. Holds about 140 yds of 25 lb Big Game. Got them on E-bay for less than $100 a piece including shipping. Has anyone else tried these reels?

2. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    My brother has one, and he really likes it alot...i dont think he has any complaints about it

3. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    They are very solid reels. I was very impressed by the CM-200 when I tried it. I know a musky guide that puts almost 80 hrs. a week on them casting and battling fish and he swears by them. Abu's and Calcuttas won't hold up for him so he switched to Tica and has had no problems with them.

4. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Never tried them but they sound interesting. Keep us posted on how they work for you.

5. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I have had the tica caiman 205 (w/o levelwind) for about 2 years and I love it! It's super smooth, machined frame, and everything is sealed yet you can take it apart with one thumb screw! It made for saltwater fishing and no salt can get inside. I have it on a 8' uglystick "intercoastal"! It has centrifugal brake and comes with extra sleeves! I just use one sleeve on each bar now. But started out with 3 on each and I am about ready to take them all off! It's a fantastic reel for under a hundred bucks! I use it for Channel cats, stripers and salmon and ocean fishing off jetties and piers!

6. deanc

deanc New Member

State:
    GA
    Mine are on a 9 and 10 ft Catmax and are working great so far. I hope to test them further on some big flatheads this weekend. I'll post the results.

7. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I think a Tica baitcaster is going to be my next catfish reel purchase. I love my Tica Sportera spinning reel for flatheads so I wouldnt have a problem putting faith in thier baitcasters.