Thursday nights on the GMR

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by chubbahead, Jul 6, 2006.

1. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    It's Thursday night again, and most of the regulars seem to make it out every Thursday. So who is heading out tonight for a skunking? Temps are getting kinda low at night, but tonight should be four to five degrees warmer than last night.

I'll be going out somewhere. I'm still trying to find as many good spots as I can around Miamisburg, so I'll probably try another new to me spot. I'll fish for channels til nine or so, and then just for flatheads probably. I'll report back with my catch or lack there of.

So who else is going out tonight and what will you be targeting?

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

good luck I hope you put a hurting on the fish

3. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey Chubba, me and Dink may test my boat if we get enough time after fixing it,( we hope) , and I spoke with Mellon, he is wanting to head out tonight as well so maybe we can all hook up somewhere, More later this afternoon after we get the schedules all set.

Salmonid

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good luck brother, if it was closer I would meet up with yall in a heartbeat. I got downright chilly last night, hope it is a little warmer tonight for you guys.

5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    PM me with where your gonna be i might stop down after Mark and i get done. i might even have a few gills, Nightprowler and i are going out here in a few to scope out a couple new bait holes.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We hit the regular channel hole. Went out for about 2 hours. Caught 2. :roll_eyes:

7. flatheadsteven

flatheadsteven New Member

State:
    ohio
    went out to spot in dayton area and caught three small flatheads biggest was 8 pounds

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sounds like a good night of fishing, congrats on the catches. Nice to see em being caught in Ohio.

9. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    Me, Mark, and Mike went out for a few hours. Dink caught a few channels and two small flats. I ended with just a channel.

The story of the night is Dinks monster he brought in. :eek:oooh: It was HUGE. :eek:oooh: I need to find the Dink Daily Turtle thread and I'll put up the pic.

10. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I left Dink and Chubba around 10:30 and in the 3 hrs there I didnt have a single bump ( Cut Chubs and live gills) so being the working stiff, I left to get some sleep. It appears they got the flatheads after I left, I will require some pics guys, small or not...:roll_eyes:
    How late did you guys stay?

It was pretty slow though all the way around....

Salmonid

11. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    I stayed til 12:15. Dink stayed one bluegills worth after me. After about 11, Dink was getting consistent channel bites, or maybe turtles. He brought in a couple of them. I was using bluegills on both poles so no channel bites for me. He caught the two flats probably at 11:30 and 12:00 or so. They were around 5 pounds, not really picture worthy. Have you seen how horrible my cell phone pics are?

12. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the cell phone photo was actually pretty good considering how late it was! thanks for keeping my turtle busting rep alive:big_smile: