thursday night - if you hear about my stolen fishing equipment, let me know!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by kccatman76, Oct 6, 2007.

1. kccatman76

kccatman76 New Member

State:
    kansas
    well guess what every1 i was fishin the other day and my car was broken in 2 they took all my equipment my cat poles my daughters poles and three tackle bags about 1700 dollars worth of tackle so if anyone hears anything please let me know . it took me 3 years to get what i had SO PLEASE LETM ME KNOW CAUSE ME AND MY DAUGHTER R BOTH HEART BROKEN

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Josh,

Gear can be replaced, just glad you are OK!

Paul

3. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Where did the incident take place? Sorry to hear about your misfortune, not everybody out there is BOC worthy!

4. kccatman76

kccatman76 New Member

State:
    kansas
    what really bites is that i am not well enough off to replace any of it thats what sux .

5. kccatman76

kccatman76 New Member

State:
    kansas
    right up off the first eddy from kaw point

6. kccatman76

kccatman76 New Member

State:
    kansas
    i had a 9 foot ugly stick with a 9000, 10 foot quantum blue runner with matching reel and my daughters was 2 cabelas cat king rods . the 3 bags was full of bass and cat tackle

7. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    To hear that irritates the hell out of me. Was your vehicle in a secluded spot? Were there any other people around?

8. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    There is two things that boil my blood....a liar and a thief !!! Not only did they take your stuff but your daughters also...I feel for ya man. I really hope you find it. It wouldn't hurt to check the local pawn shops. Thieves can be pretty stupid like that. -G'luck-

9. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    I'm really sorry to hear about the break-in.
    In my opinion this was not fishermen - this was done by thieves. Money was the ultimate goal. Pawn shops would be an excellent place to begin looking for your gear. Don't know about Kansas, but in Mo. anyone that sells ANYTHING to a pawn shop gets his/her/it's picture taken with ID.

I know that the horse is out of the barn so it is too late to brand it but when you get your new gear maybe one of those vibrating engraving tools with your Dr. lic.# would be the ticket. The local police dept. where I am at has one that anyone can use for whatever needs to be marked. Really helps them with identification of recovered items, and pawn shops are leary about taking marked items.

Again - sorry to learn of the loss.

10. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    After I wrote my reply and entered it, I started to think that maybe someone would take it the wrong way.

IN NO WAY WAS MY REPLY A REFLECTION ON ANY FISHERMAN.

A fisherman will "borrow" your secret "honey hole" but won't touch your gear. They will lie about the big one that got away, and at the same time will loan you anything they have to help you fish.

A lesson to all of us would be to be very wary of someone trying to sell us a "really good deal" on a piece of gear, just say NO.

Really sorry if my post offended anyone. Didn't mean to.

11. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    I, too, am sorry to learn of your loss. However, I would recommend against engraving any part of a rod that might bend because that will weaken the rod. You might consider epoxy-based ink instead.

-- Rich

12. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I'm sure nobody took that wrong.

Just like a "hunter" that gets caught poaching.

13. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    That is too bad sorry to hear that.

14. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Did you make a police report? $1700.00 worth of gear is alot, I would check with your insurance company..Vehicle or homeowners/renters, I know my policies would cover such a loss, minus a $500.00 deductible, still I could replenish $1200.00 worth of my gear!!!

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, I sure hope some of it turns up for you..unfortunately I wouldn't hold your breath, keep checking the pawn shops, If you find your belongings in a pawn shop call local authorities, problem is you'll need a police report number in order to get it back.. So if you haven't reported it, call immediately and do so.

Good luck to ya,

15. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    First I want to say I'm sorry to hear of your loss.Like stated before keep checking the pawn shops.Most likely dopeheads looking for an easy score so they can get easy money for thier drugs.Sure hope at least some of it will show up.Best of luck.
    And I don't think you offended anyone with the way you worded your first post.