Thursday night games

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Little Luey, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Is it just me or the comentators on the Th night games are pretty bad? Collinsworth thinks he ir right all the time and Gumble really is a geek who does not seem to even know football.

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Yeah, I don't care for them two either. I usually turn the TV guys off and put our local guys on the radio if the TV guys are annoying like Collinsworth.

3. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    agree ... they are bad. Not that better can't be found, but my guess is you are seeing the named commentators that the other networks rejected ... kinda the best of the worst that have some something relative on their resume. Might be interesting to know what the gig pays as compared an average NFL commentaor.
    By the way, expect more of the same when the NCAA kicks off the bowl season. Yea, when almost half of the D1 teams go to a "bowl", I call that a season.

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    With the change of old monday nite crew to sundays.... I dont watch that much FB anymore.... I have liked the way that the monday night crew did the games, the replay and the comentary..... seems to suck now. Yuk, what have they done to us?

bayrunner ray

5. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    The NFL network crew sucks, I've only had the opportunity to hear them do the Thanksgiving Chiefs/Broncos game but it was pathetic. We even missed a kick-off because they were playing a comercial. I expect better from an NFL ran network.

My other gripe is that the NFL Net. and Time Warner Cable has not agreed to a deal yet so here in KC were are left out in the cold.

How many other folks don't get the option of getting to hear second rate announcers on the NFL Network???

6. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    I agree the announcers are pathetic....mono tone voices and they are always calling out the wrong players names and numbers.

7. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I agree with you all!
    Bill

8. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    It's not just you Luey, I also agree. I use to criticize J. Madden for all the bams, whaps, and drawing all over the tv, but I'd take him any day over those 2.

9. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Well, I am glad I am not the only one.

Thanks guys.:crazy: