Thursday April 20th 2006 LOZ river

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Bigmagic, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    I went out today and caught a 15,12,multiple fives and some smaller ones as well. I filmed some of it and will see about uploading a video. Its kind of hard to film and fish but when Gary and Geof come down Monday I'll let them fish and I'll film. I caught all the cats on the channel bottom edges in 16 to 22ft of water. The normal shallow bite hasn't been there in this low water. I basically locate schooling shad in the channel and drift thru the area. I had one fish on this morning that nearly spooled my reel until he came off. I think it was either a large gar or VERY LARGE BLUE and my 8/0 hook wasn't quite big enough. My gut says it was a gar since I had several of those hard jerk downs and then release like gar love to do. It was cool this morning and the fish were very active. See ya on the water!

2. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Sounds like someone had a good day fishing while I had a bad day working.lol
    Keep posting and I'll keep wishing I was there.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    You're killin' me, Ron! I'm stuck up here in the city and you're out having a good time.

But maybe not for long -- tomorrow may be my last day of employment for a while. Fed up with the way this company is treating me and ready to walk away...

Thanks for posting these reports -- helps the rest of us at least have a clue as to where we should be looking.

Wonder how the drift fishing is doing up on Truman? Any word?

4. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    im jealous . no im really glad your on the fish. ok i may be a little jealous

5. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    Marty check with Steve I haven't seen him on LOZ for a while so he's probably up there catching em. I ain't trying to make anyone Jealous just keep ya'll informed. If you come down here at least you'll know how I'm catching them. You might do better another way but right now drifting the channel is working for me. See ya on the water!

6. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Ok i need to win powerball or my wife needs a better paying job ,I want to stop working and fish every day

7. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    Robert I'd give about anything to be able to go back to work everyday. It kind of sucks to throw a shad net a few times and have to stop and suck air. Be careful what you wish for. I can't fish everyday I try but if I really put in a hard day of fishing I have to take two days off to recover. Your in good health now if you give up them cigarettes you may have a long life and have lots of days where you can do nothing but fish. Stay healthy or being off work is no fun. I'll get off my soapbox now. See ya on the water my friend!

8. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ron, How about coming back long enough to help me with some aaasssbestos! I swear I'm swimmin' in this stuff. The more we try to do, the more they want to mess with. I don't get to do much real safety anymore. Just asbestos. I want to go fishing!

9. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    I wish I could Larry, you do a great job up there and someone needs to take care of the students. The great thing about the workload up there is you always have something to do. If I actually thought you needed my help I would be quick to give it. I'll just keep the cats warmed up for when you break loose and come down and catch some. Larry you ever done any striper fishing?

10. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Never caught any on purpose!