Thunderstorm on the africam

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catman529, Feb 5, 2007.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    http://wavelit.com/index.asp?ch=Wildlife&sh=africam

it is about 5:00 PM central standard time on Feb. 5th, and a big storm is coming through. Check out these screenshots.

lightning1.jpg
    lightning2.jpg

note that it is a lot darker out than in the screenshots. the lightning is real bright.

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I saw the lightning moving in earlier. I shut it off to wait 'till daylight, when I got back, the camera was all screwed up. Musta had some wind. Hope somebody fixes it. I have yet to see any wildlife, but I think I heard something feeding or something.

3. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Here, just checked the cam and there is a bunch of something there. it is about 7:43 am (our time).

africam-wildlife1.jpg

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    That is a cool site. The best I've seen is a couple of birds or ducks wading or swimming in the pool. I did see the lightning in the distance the other night and the wind was blowing and shaking the trees around. I am looking forward to my first "real" sighting...W

5. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    I was checking this site out earlier, and it was being moved, and zooming in on some ducks. Does anybody know if it is remote controled or not? I could see a shadow of a tree or something, but couldn't see anybody moving. Just currious.

6. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My guess is that they control the camera directly from a computer. Like the Nags Head fishing pier cam. Only with the pier cam you can move the camera where you want it. http://www.nagsheadpier.com/piercam.htm check it out there.

7. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska

that would be a heard of impala i beleive

8. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I have discovered that the camera reacts to movement. I was watching it this AM when it moved and focused on a turtle coming out of the water.

You can also put your cursor on the screen and double click it and it will go to full screen. To resize it you hit escape.

9. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Here about 6:30 PM, I finally got to watch some critters. 4 heyenas swimming, fighting, eating a turtle, that kind of stuff. They even came up to the camera and checked it out. Then something started making a very loud sound of some sort. The heyenas beet feet out of there. I thought it must be a lion, so I waited to see it, but nothing. Maybe another time. Just thought I would share what I saw. I don't know how to capture the screen, or I would've.

10. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I watched the same thing Matt. Man we sure lead interesting lives don't we.:big_smile: :crazy:

11. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I also discovered you can double-click to exit full screen.:cool2:
    Full screen is the best way to get screenshots.
    If your default media player is Windows media player, PM me for some simple instructions on how to capture screenshots.

12. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I like watching the bears better though! I seen them get up and love on each other and then back to sleep! They're funny. I like bears and actually watch a black bear down the lane go fishing and stuff in the summer. Once last year Tommy and I were canoeing and it came right out in the water just to check us out! It doesnt pose much of a threat though cause we give it LOTS of personal space. lol

13. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    I saw a girraffe last night about 7:30pm. Still hoping to see a lion. I know they are there.

14. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    I'm a geek, but there's some cape buffalo on africam right now. 7:12pm.

15. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Water Buffalo in pond right now.
    See top post for link...W

16. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Critters on the cam 10:20 est Gnus i think.

17. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    And a elephant how cool!