ThunderBird

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by JoshFisher, Nov 22, 2009.

1. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
    just got a boat and puttin a depthfinder on it this week, dont ever hear much about this lake so any tips would be nice and wat size fish i should be aiming for.

thanks,
    josh

2. Bullheaded

Bullheaded Member

State:
    Norman Ok
    I did pretty good over the summer catching channels up to 8 pounds but I went a couple weeks ago and didnt have any luck finding them. Somebody was saying their are blues in their but i have not caught one yet..

3. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
    ya about a month or 2 ago we were catchin blues in the 7 pound range on shad guts but that was from fishermans point.. and i dont anything about the lake as far as from a boat so i was seein if anyone had some tips for me lol..

4. Bullheaded

Bullheaded Member

State:
    Norman Ok
    I just got me a small boat at the beginning of the summer so still figuring out the lake also. We fish a lot on the west end around the twin bridges and the Denver corner ramp and have done well in those areas at catching channels. I grew up fishing for channels so I am still trying to figure out blues and have a ways to go for sure. Their are also some good crappie in there to. I am hoping to get back out there soon, deer hunting has been taking up a lot of my time.

5. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma

ya its the same for me i grew in new mexico so i fished alot of the drainage ditches which were mainly channels, i didnt catch my first blue till movin out here. My dads comin down for thanksgiving and im hopin to put him on some fish lol

6. Bullheaded

Bullheaded Member

State:
    Norman Ok
    Good luck. I hope you guys get into them. What does your boat look like so I can look for you out there next time I go? I have a 14 foot Aluminum boat with a small nissan motor on it.

7. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    hey guys, that lake is one of the better blues lakes ln the aria. it is a great fishery. i have cought blues all over the lake, best is east an south,of littleriver aria , littleriver north of twin bridges is flatties and channels, also north east has a lot of channels, twin bridges , south and east has some nice blues . my pb . blue on t bird is 32 lb but thryre bigger ones in there, also nice saugeye in the lake also. 9 or 10 lb is not uncommon, bioligest sayes they shocked up 16lb ,i dident see it though, the last 2 years have seen a few crappie over 2 lb my biggest crappie 1 3/4 lb , but i have seen them much laeger, have cought some nice blues east of sail boat , also in blue springs cove. hope this helps

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  8. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma

i got a 16' glassmaster trihull (caca brown:tounge_out:) with a 50hp evinrude. see you out there sometime, went today and jugged 2 pretty nice blue the bigger one about 10 pounds. with shad, the cats were at about 22 ft in 34 ft of water...

tight lines :wink:

9. Bullheaded

Bullheaded Member

State:
    Norman Ok
    Nice fish. Thanks for the info.

10. Bullheaded

Bullheaded Member

State:
    Norman Ok
    I went out today and didnt have much luck catching shad. I think i need to add some more weight to my net to get it down to them quicker. So I ended up using some frozen shad but didnt have any luck with it.

11. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    shoot.... I live close to T-bird and have pretty decent luck out there. I could show you around the lake after the new year. Send me an email at okcdiscgolfer(at)hotmail I'm sure we can find a time that is good for us both.