ThunderBird

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by JoshFisher, Nov 22, 2009.

1. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
    just got a boat and puttin a depthfinder on it this week, dont ever hear much about this lake so any tips would be nice and wat size fish i should be aiming for.

thanks,
    josh

2. Bullheaded

Bullheaded New Member

State:
    Norman Ok
    I did pretty good over the summer catching channels up to 8 pounds but I went a couple weeks ago and didnt have any luck finding them. Somebody was saying their are blues in their but i have not caught one yet..

3. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
    ya about a month or 2 ago we were catchin blues in the 7 pound range on shad guts but that was from fishermans point.. and i dont anything about the lake as far as from a boat so i was seein if anyone had some tips for me lol..

4. Bullheaded

Bullheaded New Member

State:
    Norman Ok
    I just got me a small boat at the beginning of the summer so still figuring out the lake also. We fish a lot on the west end around the twin bridges and the Denver corner ramp and have done well in those areas at catching channels. I grew up fishing for channels so I am still trying to figure out blues and have a ways to go for sure. Their are also some good crappie in there to. I am hoping to get back out there soon, deer hunting has been taking up a lot of my time.

5. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma

ya its the same for me i grew in new mexico so i fished alot of the drainage ditches which were mainly channels, i didnt catch my first blue till movin out here. My dads comin down for thanksgiving and im hopin to put him on some fish lol

6. Bullheaded

Bullheaded New Member

State:
    Norman Ok
    Good luck. I hope you guys get into them. What does your boat look like so I can look for you out there next time I go? I have a 14 foot Aluminum boat with a small nissan motor on it.

7. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    hey guys, that lake is one of the better blues lakes ln the aria. it is a great fishery. i have cought blues all over the lake, best is east an south,of littleriver aria , littleriver north of twin bridges is flatties and channels, also north east has a lot of channels, twin bridges , south and east has some nice blues . my pb . blue on t bird is 32 lb but thryre bigger ones in there, also nice saugeye in the lake also. 9 or 10 lb is not uncommon, bioligest sayes they shocked up 16lb ,i dident see it though, the last 2 years have seen a few crappie over 2 lb my biggest crappie 1 3/4 lb , but i have seen them much laeger, have cought some nice blues east of sail boat , also in blue springs cove. hope this helps

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  8. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma

i got a 16' glassmaster trihull (caca brown:tounge_out:) with a 50hp evinrude. see you out there sometime, went today and jugged 2 pretty nice blue the bigger one about 10 pounds. with shad, the cats were at about 22 ft in 34 ft of water...

tight lines :wink:

9. Bullheaded

Bullheaded New Member

State:
    Norman Ok
    Nice fish. Thanks for the info.

10. Bullheaded

Bullheaded New Member

State:
    Norman Ok
    I went out today and didnt have much luck catching shad. I think i need to add some more weight to my net to get it down to them quicker. So I ended up using some frozen shad but didnt have any luck with it.

11. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    shoot.... I live close to T-bird and have pretty decent luck out there. I could show you around the lake after the new year. Send me an email at okcdiscgolfer(at)hotmail I'm sure we can find a time that is good for us both.