Thunderbird 3-21

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Bullheaded, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Bullheaded

Bullheaded New Member

State:
    Norman Ok
    Went fishing Tuesday afternoon on Thunderbird. The crappie were pretty slow biting but we caught a few that were nice sized. They are still in the brush but we are thinking they will start moving up into the shallows later this week. A little before dark we caught some nice size channelcats that were up in about 4 foot of water just east of Denver corner ramp.

2. oh_darn

oh_darn New Member

State:
    Nixa, MO
    Yeah I've been going almost every day this week at the state park fishing dock. The crappie bite is fair about halfway down the fishing dock about 3 or 4 feet down. I haven't caught any cats yet though. But they'll start biting pretty soon I hope.

3. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Catfish are jumping in the boat at T-bird.:smile2:

4. oh_darn

oh_darn New Member

State:
    Nixa, MO
    Where are you fishing Trevor? I've been every day for the past week and the only thing I catch is sand bass, crappie and one big mean spirited saugeye. But I did learn a valuable lesson: NEVER lip a fish at night without looking at it cuz sometimes you get a very angry fish with teeth lol.

5. Bullheaded

Bullheaded New Member

State:
    Norman Ok
    That is good news. Going to try to make it out their Thursday and Saturday.

6. cat_daddy1

cat_daddy1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've done real good crappie fishing at thunderbird in the brush but havn't been able to find the catfish where exactly are they?

7. Bullheaded

Bullheaded New Member

State:
    Norman Ok
    I have not been out there in a couple weeks but I am going out there Saturday and I will let you know if I find any.

Welcome to the BOC.

8. Bullheaded

Bullheaded New Member

State:
    Norman Ok
    Went fishing yesterday afternoon on Thunderbird. We started off chasing crappie and we did pretty good. The females we have been catching are still full of eggs. Then yesterday evening we started catfishing. We caught several channel cats in about 4 foot of water. It was some fun fishing unfortunately my cousin needed to go home when the bite started picking upÂ…

9. cat_daddy1

cat_daddy1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I went last night but only caught 3 cats. I didn't have time to clean them so I put them back. I caught them kind of near the bridge on the east side in about 12 feet. I don't call that a very succesful trip were did you catch them Jason?

10. Bullheaded

Bullheaded New Member

State:
    Norman Ok
    Sounds like you are fishing around the spot that I have wanted to try. Their was some guys that put out about 6 jugs on that point just east of the bridge a couple weeks ago and when we came back by I noticed about 3 of them were bobbing with fish. Not sure what size but I have wanted to try that point ever since.

we were fishing just east of the Denver corner boat ramp at 108th. Their is that point with the brush pile on it and we went east of that around the point and into the next cove. Hopefully that gives you a idea where we were if not let me know and I will try to describe better. They were nothing to brag about size wise but they were fun to catch.

11. Bullheaded

Bullheaded New Member

State:
    Norman Ok
    went again tonight. caught the channels in the same spot. the crappie were in that cove just east of the bridges in the brushpile there.

Attached Files:

12. Randjoe44

Randjoe44 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    What did use use for bait and did you fish off shore????

13. cat_daddy1

cat_daddy1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    thanks I know the area I caught alot of crappie out of that brush pile about a month ago. those three jugs you saw bobbing were probably mine thats were I left them overnight.

14. Bullheaded

Bullheaded New Member

State:
    Norman Ok
    we were fishing from the boat. we were using shiners to catch the catfish cause we had some left over from crappie fishing.

15. Bullheaded

Bullheaded New Member

State:
    Norman Ok
    That is cool. i hope they were nice ones.