Thunder Sleet!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by catfishcentral, Jan 14, 2007.

1. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Well I heard something I haven't heard before....it's sleeting like crazy right now and I just heard thunder with it!! Thats a first for me. Bartlesville just getting the ice pellet sleet right now so hopefully it will stay this way and not the rain that downs the trees. How's everyone else doing? I was just talking to a buddy in Catoosa and he's having the heavy freezing rain at his house and his parked car just started sliding down his driveway!?! I guess no fishing today.:tounge_out: Everyone take care and be safe.

2. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Sounds like a good day to stay inside and fish from the BOC!

Here in Chicago it is only cold, no real weather right now, We are supposed to get it tonight and tomorrow...

Stay safe

3. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    I`ve heard thunder with snow a few times.It really came down at those times also.

4. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats New Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    Here in SC we sometimes have rough weather but it's 65 right now and headed to 71. I have the front door open and the sliding glass door in the rear letting the wind blow through. When we do have rough weather it's usually freezing rain and being in a rural area the electricity can be off for several days.

Hopefully you will miss the freezing rain!!

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Man it came down in buckets, tree's fell powerlines went down I mean those dudes are bad news.I would presume the same for ice. All of ya stay safe and take care!:big_smile:

6. Larry Collier

Larry Collier New Member

State:
    Wagoner, Oklahoma
    I'm around 65 miles SE of Chris. The ice is a mess here with electric lines down all over town. I lost power around midnight Friday night, back on about 4am then off at 10 and back at 2pm. Our elec crews are working around the clock with additional help from crews from towns farther south and even out of state. When they got power to us yesterday at 2 it was only on for 5 minutes when a huge limb fell on the line and the crews were back to square one! They managed to solve that problem by 5 pm and power hasn't been off since.
    It's now past noon on Sunday and starting to sprinkle again! :eek:oooh:

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Chris the thunder hasn't reached Owasso yet, but it is coming down like mad out there. All kinds of sleet comin down around us. Got a little snow mixed in too.
    Bad thing is they put in an upgrade to the servers at work this weekend. That means that no matter what I've gotta make it in tomorrow cause it is gonna be a mess.

8. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    be careful out there travelin tony....we dont want u to miss a beat with us by being laid up somehwere hurt. and that goes for the rest of ya in the bad weather areas...take care.

9. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    its gonnin down pretty hard in tulsa to we havent as that much freezing rain but a lot of sleet

10. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    I'm in NW OKC, we have about 4+ inches of sleet at our place my daughter is in south Okla. City, and she got some freezing rain. My wife is in the phone to Kansas, Okla. at the moment and the lady there says they have no power and ice is thick on everything. To those that can please stay in and stay safe.
    Oh Chris, along with the thunder in OKC, we also had lightining.

11. troyedm

troyedm New Member

State:
    edmond oklahoma
    the thunder and lightning is strange here. never heard it do that with a winter storm. guess i'll be stuck with wife monday. won't get into work in this stuff.

12. mack5522

mack5522 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    LETS LOOK AT THE BRIGHT SIDE , THE ONLY ONE I CAN COME UP WITH IS MAYBE WHEN THIS ALL MELTS IT WILL BRING OUR LAKES UP SO WE CAN HAVE A GREAT YEAR FISHING THIS YEAR:roll_eyes:

13. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I'm off tomarrow so the kids and I will get the sled and the hot chocolate out!I had the lightning and thunder in Broken Arrow friday night.The lights have been dimming throught the house durring the heavy downpours,its happened atleast 6 times over the past 24 hours.I had some friends at church said the same happened at thier houses.Fourtunatly we haven't had the lights go out here,but the trees are loaded and the wind is supposed to be gusting tomarrow.I've never seen lights dim before due to the weather,I always thought the lights were either on of off.I wonder if its the pwrlines swinging or what?I pray that everyone stays safe and warm.

14. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I think sledding is in our future tomorrow also, I'll be taking tomorrow off. :smile2: We had pretty hard sleet for a couple hours but no freezing rain. The power stayed on here but looks likes to the east in Vinta and Grove got hit hard along with Southeast portion of the state.

15. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Lots of sleet here, about 4 inches. We only had about 20 minutes of a freezing drizzle and that was today. We really don't have any good sledding hills in my neck of the woods, so I've been pulling the kids around with the pickup. I can put it in low and idle and they think they are flying. It is boring doing laps around the circle drive but what can a dad do? :smile2:

16. Larry Collier

Larry Collier New Member

State:
    Wagoner, Oklahoma
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Well just after I posted on Sunday the electric went off again. My area was without electric for about 24 hours. When it came back on we discovered the cable tv downlink had been fried - no cable!:eek:oooh:
    That means no internet for me !! :eek:oooh::eek:oooh: An entire 24 hour period without tv or internet plus I could get to water to fish !!! :eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

Larry

17. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The main thing is though you made it through ok the snow that we got on top of our ice all but melted off today it got to 39 deg but they are callin for six inches starting early fri so looks like another weekend in the house on the puter dang all the luck

18. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Larry,

I've heard of roughing it, but that is ridiculous! No tv or internet?!?! How did you ever make it through?:eek:oooh: Looks like we may get more of the same this weekend.

19. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma

Last I heard, there were 2,500 people here in Vinita without electric?
    We did loose our electric for a little while Monday, but it didn't last too long.

Our water plant was down most of the weekend, but we did have some water, but there was no pressure, maybe enough to get a glass of water.
    Where I work, they have a water tower and had to switch to it Saturday and by Monday, it was empty.

I went to work yesterday and I had to melt ice just to get a pot of coffee.

Our water is finally running again, but there's still a lot of towns without water and electric in our area.

Ken

20. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    That's what I've heard?
    I'm hoping this next round will be snow, and not ice like the last batch?

Ken