Thunder, Lighting, and Rain

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Arkie55, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Well, i was going to go the river this morning and do some fishing. When I got up, I could hear thunder rumbleing and decided to wait and see what was going to take place. Sure enough about a half hour later it stated raining and flashing lighting. I'm sad that I'm not on the river but happy I waited to see what was going to take place. There is alwasy tomorrow and I'm ready to go. All I have to do is load the bait cooler in the boat, the food and drink cooler in the boat and take off. I'll hit it in the morning if its not raining.

2. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Just looked at the weather.com map and the storm clouds are all about gone here. Gonna hit Crown Lake tonight.

3. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Terry its good to see ya back and i hope you tear them a new one tomorrow! I spent the last couple days doing pretty much the same thing, is it still raining up your way? Think i may just take my nephews up there and let them have fun at the dam for a bit, if we can find a skipjack or two....

4. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Very HUMID here. No rain just a few clouds here and there.

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    As the river start dropping and the current slows we have another hard rain! Will I ever get on that river again? I miss my catfishing!

6. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Hey Danny it's good to hear from you. Yes it's still raining but it has slowed down a bunch. Hope you and the little guys catch a cooler full of skippies. Be sure and let me know how you do.

Squirt,
    I hope you guys really lay them in tonight. Crown is a real good lake for channel. I don't think I ever caught a blue there. I have caught a few flats back when I fished it a lot. You need to come over my way and take a trip on the Black with me.

Tops,
    I agree. Just as the river gets down and the current slows a bit, here comes another one. I don't think this one will bring the river up any. Just not that much rain as of yet. It looks to be a fast moving system so maybe it will not affect the river all that much.

7. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I miss fishing the river too. I have not got a catfish all year. and thats not good. Topsgtlawrece I could trow a jug out here and you could get there in no time.LOL I can't wait to the river go down.

8. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    hey Chuck have you ever tryed Diamond lake

9. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Rain came through for a moment and left. :roll_eyes: Wonder if it is going to rain tomorrow. Oh well, going to try and catch the big one anyways. Hope it will not be a turtle.:crazy: If thats all i get, then, A pot of turtle soup sounds good.:lol:

10. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    yep Pastor. Thats where the cat in my avatar came from. Caught straight across from the boat ramp up in that small cove

11. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Terry in 2003 my wife was going to Oklahoma for a few days so I had her drop me,tent and boat at the state park at Lake Dardnell.Jtrew was with me on Sat and Sun. but by Sun.afternoon he was gone but my wife wasn't going to be back till the next day so I was on my own.A bad storm blew up thunder,lightning,rain and high winds which knocked my tent down and I had no car for shelter.Now I don't know how you guys feel about lighting but I got hit by it in 1984 so I don't like it one bit=it scares the hell out of me!!!and I wasn't about to get under my aluminum boat to git out of it so it didn't take long till I was knocking on the side of a camper asking for shelter.The man and wife in the camper took me in and when the storm was gone he help me set my tent back up.Every thing I had was wet bedding and all but he loaned me a blanket and I made it through the night.