Thru-rod line feed, is it any good?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by flaboy, Aug 23, 2005.

1. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    yodaddy, I have never had one but I have heard that the line thru rod has some extra drag for casting but I heard the main problem is the line cuttin groves inside the pole as it moves in amd out!

2. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    Like flaboy said, they don't cast well and there is a bit of a grooving problem inside the blank. The inside of blank also picks up all the trash that comes in with the line. Then you've got to deal with how to get it out :crying:

I don't have first hand experience with these rods. I've just read a few reviews on the net. The cons make sense though.
    /scott

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Well,they been out for a while now.Bass fishermen,especially the pro's,will try anything that gives them an advantage.
    So far,I have never seen anyone using one.That says it all for me.

4. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    They're just another on of those lil' pretties that they devloped to cat the fisherman.It's like the rods they made several years ago that the eyes started on the top of the rod and rolled around to the bottom of the rod.Pretty ,but not effective ;)

5. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    they are made for trolling and I don't like them. just think about it, when a fish is pulling it is only putting pressure on half of the rod. I don't really know much about them but that is the picture I see in my mind.

Wow watch out I have a mind picture, LOL