Throw Netted Some Shad Today!

Discussion in 'Shad Talk' started by weekendredneck69, Mar 16, 2007.

1. weekendredneck69

weekendredneck69 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Went down to sodens grove in Emporia Ks. Threw my net about 80 times ended up w 12 keep shad 5 - 8" and 1 14" shad!!! tossed the 14"er back cause here u cant keep any over 12". I didnt think i would get any though because the water is very very low and there is hardly anwhere they can get in... Surprised me! O well got some extra practice in!

Bazil

2. KYCATFISHHUNTER

KYCATFISHHUNTER New Member

State:
    NORTHERN KENTUCKY
    Nice job!! Whats the water temp like there? I live in N. KY and was wondering when a good time to start looking fore them again. thanks

3. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
    Up here in the tip of W.V. we just had a big temp. drop, I cant wait untill it warms up enough around here to catch some shad.

4. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    80 times!!!!!:eek:oooh: That would kill me!!! I throw a 10 ft net with 1.5 lbs of weight per foot and if I have to throw over 3 or 4 times I am an unhappy camper!!!:smile2: Glad you caught some though.

5. weekendredneck69

weekendredneck69 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thx guys!!! The water temp down here is around 50 so still a lil chilly!!!!

I think my net i like a 6 footer??? idk its blue if that helps...lol!!!

I think its kind of fun goin out and throwin em!!

Bazil

6. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I caught baitfish with my cast net for the first time a few weeks ago. one cast yielded 100 menhaden shads (coastal river), I was so suprised I caught stuff lol. I only threw my net twice, I found a big school, one good throw was all I needed, we threw some back too. Practice and practice, your throwing will get better and so will your success fishing.

7. TShepherd

TShepherd New Member

State:
    Ft Belvoir, Virginia
    80 TIMES..that would call for a Red Bull or two.

8. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    been catching shad for a few weeks now on the ohio river

9. KYCATFISHHUNTER

KYCATFISHHUNTER New Member

State:
    NORTHERN KENTUCKY
    Were you catching from the bank or boat? I only have access from the bank. Any suggestions on where to find them? I have 1 spot but with the river being up, I dont think i can get to it. Any help? Thanks i advance KYCATFISHHUNTER