three way rig ?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by carolinakid76, Dec 29, 2009.

1. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I was just wondering if I would be more successful at catching bigger cats If I switched to the carolina rig? - Any advice would be appreciated !!!:big_smile: thanks ya'll:big_smile:

2. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    I like the three way in deep water "25+" Which is were I fish most of the time...,,, Carolina for shallower water , I have caught big fish on both,,,:wink:
    If that helps...:big_smile:
    Puddle

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009

3. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    this is the rig i use most of the time, i have caught two fish at the same time and the monster that im holding. iuse it drifting or anchored.

Attached Files:

4. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    thank ya'll for the info!!! how do you make that rig russ?

5. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
  6. NJ CLAD

NJ CLAD New Member

State:
    Arizona
    We need more info. You fishin' from the bank or boat? Live or cut bait? River or lake? Snags, rip rap, or weeds?

7. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    unforgently I do all my fishing from the bank.

8. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    it will work for bank fishing as well.

9. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I fish with fresh cut shad on two poles and on the other I use live gills. I try to fish any structure I can find on the river alot of times I will fish were I catch the shad.

10. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sounds like you fish about the same situation I do. I only bank fish the Mississippi with 2 poles. I always try to fish where I can net shad or catch skipjack. I always use a carolina rig with a sinker slide. I like the fish to be able to take the bait without feeling the sinker pulling. I also use 12' rods with Abu casting reels for max distance. I feel the carolina rig will cast for distance better than a 3 way. The only time I use a 3 way is when I fish at the dam and the sinker gets snagged every time. I tie the sinker on with a light mono so it will break off and I don't lose the whole rig. Also, I don't feel unfortunate only bank fishing, in fact I wouldn't have it any other way. I have owned boats before. There is a lot to be said for bank fishing. Good luck.