The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

801 - 811 of 811 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Tyler, he has been moving around over 3 sections of the Allegheny but he uses his down imaging to locate rock piles, debris and structure and doesn't stay in 1 place too long if no action.
Would your buddy be willing to narrow down the area he’s fishing the Allegheny? I’ve been focusing on the Mon with marginal success. I was thinking of trying the 12 mile island section of the Allegheny tomorrow. If anyone can suggest another good spot, I’m all ears!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Tyler, he has been moving around over 3 sections of the Allegheny but he uses his down imaging to locate rock piles, debris and structure and doesn't stay in 1 place too long if no action.
Thanks for the info! I’m not sure why I stuck to the Mon for all of my cat fishing trips this year, I guess because I caught my first flatheads there in the spring. But there’s very little bottom structure in a lot of the areas I fished. Looking at the navigational maps of the Allegheny it looks like all the islands should make for a more dynamic river bottom. I’m looking forward to exploring it. My fish finder has good down and side imaging so finding structure is no problem if it’s there. I got a fresh batch of gills, perch, and golden shiners ready to go for tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Well, my Buddy is at it again on the Allegheny. Text alert started pounding at 6:30 AM with picture of a 33 lb Flathead and 7:45 with pic of a 10lb Flathead. Also have 3 Channels.Pictures to follow on a while.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Planning on hitting the ohio this weekend for the last overnight trip of the year. Maybe even the last boat trip of the year. If I get the boat out any more they will be day trips for musky.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Went out Friday night through Sunday afternoon on the Ohio. Caught a decent Drum, some White Bass and some Channel Cats. Biggest was probably a mid 20" Channel Cat I caught. when I hit Pittsburg I realized I forgot my Fish Finder at home. So we had to make due without it. Saturday morning we had to tow 2 duck hunters whos motor was acting up. It was still a good weekend though. Decided next year we may try the Ohio down by Wheeling WV, try to find some Blues. I read that they(WV) stock the pool I fish but I haven't found any yet. although I specifically look for structure to fish.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
My Buddy and his friend were out again last night(possibly last trip this year) on the Allegheny. They caught 1 Flathead of 10.8 lbs and called it quits about 11 PM.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
My Buddy made one last trip on the Allegheny last night because of the great weather and he caught 1 Flathead that weighed about 5 lbs. I think he is all done on the Allegheny for this year because he is headed to the Niagara soon. Although, I am sure he will be Walleye fishing the Allegheny over the winter.

801 - 811 of 811 Posts