Three Nights And No Fish

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by fishinpals, Jun 8, 2006.

1. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Went fishing Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday eve and didn't catch a thing or as far as I know. didn't get a bite. Went Saturday eve and caught 6. Normally a very good place to catch some channels up to 10 lbs. Used shad, bluegill, dip bait, and worms. What do you think is happening? Weather?
    Oh yea, I'm going again tonight. It's that OCF thing.

2. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    Not really sure Jim, maybe you should give nights a break and try early in the morning. Are you trying different depths when you are out.

3. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Think you have an idea I will use. Will go in morning. Didn't try different depths. About the first 30 - 40 out is totally weed covered. Thanks for the info.

4. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Jim the channels may be spawing and that could explain why the fish are not in their normal porductive spot.

5. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    That did come to mind. Thanks

6. metalfisher

metalfisher New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Fished yesterday for 5 p.m. until 11:30 In the St. Francis river bypass near Payneway, Ark...natta, zilch.

used skipjack, catalpha doughbals, liver. Lost bait but could not hookup.
    May have been gar....

Finally broke off and came home.

Robert

7. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    Jim, I think your troubles are probally due to the spawn. We were out last night and boated 9 channels between 2.5 to 9 pounds. All of them had swollen heads (sure sign of spawn is close). This was in southern Ohio which should have close to the scedule as your area. My usual area wasn't producing so we tried fishing 2-4 ft. deep (below floats) in 9-12 ft. of water. That worked here so maybe it will there as well. Good Luck!