three forks

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by gottagetabigun, Apr 16, 2008.

1. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    we are taking a a couple of days off and are going to fish around three forks. i'm afraid anybody trying to fish a lake might get blown off it.

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey I wish you luck on your fishing trip, you should have fun, and I know they will enjoy it

3. CHANCE_LIVEWIRE

CHANCE_LIVEWIRE New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    water's gonna be rollin better take a volkswagen to use for an anchor.

4. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    I tried a VW for an anchor today... needed a Buick!:big_smile:

5. harley5247

harley5247 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I've been thinking about a school bus

6. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    we fished (brad and i) wed. from 4:00pm to 8:00am thurs. morning. kept 14 i think. 10lbs or so the biggest. l lost a big one around 2:00am. i had a head off about a 10 inch crappie. i knew when i put it on there my hook wasn't big enough.(6/0) to lazy/tired to care. had 8/0 hooks with us. well one sailed off with it. he had it for a good five to seven seconds and i stuck him, i thought good. had a 15 foot rod with a amb 7000 on it. had him on about ten seconds and the hook came out. bit like a flathead. he just barely bounced the rod tip a couple of times and off he went. lost big fish several times in my life and it always feels the same. like somebody ran over your dog. the wind kicked up around midnight and it was howling. there was no anchoring not because of the current but the wind. we just had to get against the bank and do the best we could. went back fri. nw wind gave them the serious lockjaw. fished all day and kept five. anyway it beat work!

7. SunburntAgain

SunburntAgain New Member

State:
    Tulsa, OK
    I feel your pain! On my first cast on Friday after work I hooked a big one that broke me off on 40 lb test after about a minute into the fight. I fished twice Saturday, and agian this morning and got absolutely skunked. Oh well, theres always next weekend.