Three feet high and rising...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, May 8, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    this is the north canadian east of shawnee. it is just now coming out of the banks, and i expect it to get much higher, if the weather man is right. he said there is a bunch of rain north of us, and that means that after it travels 100 miles of river bed it will be here. should rise all afternoon and into the evening. i will get more pics this afternoon.

Attached Files:

2. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Just coming out here, too.

Wetumka is the only gage between me and you...it passed the 14' flood stage about two hours ago, and is running over 13000cfm.

And still, it rains.:eek:oooh:

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    For those of you who don't know, the N. Canadian, S. Canadian and Cimarron Rivers in Oklahoma usually has enough water in them that when you wade across the river, you don't get the top of your foot wet. So, to see these rivers running full, bank to bank, means there is some serious water moving.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    YOW! Thats incredible. Best start gettin two of everything.

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    that's right Lawrence. in a month or so when it gets down all the way i'll take some pics and make a comparison post............i'm gonna enjoy looking at these pics in july and august :smile2:

6. KATMANDETTE

KATMANDETTE New Member

State:
    Cedar Key, Florida
    Wow. Some serious water.......OK, fishing question. What happens to the fish when it floods like this?

Mik

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Mik, in flood waters like these, the fish generally get wet. LOL. On a serious note, they hunker down behind rocks, stumps, bridge pilings, and find areas of eddies in the swirling water. They have been doing it all their lives and I guess they are kinda used to it. Small ones get relocated down stream a few miles.

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thats some serious water Phil, I lived at the catfish roundup R V park while installing fiber optic cable in .05 and I was there a full year ,never saw it that high.