Three cheers and a round of applaudes

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Okccatman, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    I would like to take the time to thank Robert (Bobpaul) and Willard (bubbakat). Robert has been helping us maintain our motor for some time and Willard has recently became very active in this section of the board. With the Advice of these two men we have saved (collectivly) thousands of dollars on simple repairs. Not to mention Robert won't candy coat the fact that a motor is a "POS". I myself have learned alot from these guys and now feal very comfortable tearing into my motor now. Thank you very much for the insight on boat motors.

There are many good articles (threads) that are free for our taking. And they are great resources for some simple and some yet complicated motor issues. Bear in mind that these men do this for the love of the BOC and do not recieve any compensation for their time, other than the self gratification of helping someone.

So I ask that if these guys have helped you in the past to please drop them a kind word to let them know you apprieciate them and their service.

Robert, Willard, if I ever meet either of you in person, lunch is on me. It's the least I could do. Oh... and some adult beverages are included of course.

David Frantz

BTW Robert.... that 55HP chrysler I bought and asked you about last year...... just like you said .. it is a big'ole' POS. Thanks for the honest answers about it.... I have not put any more money into it. And now have a better boat and better motor.

2. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Seriously, BOC people-

If you had to individually pay for the services provided on this site for free by people just like you, you couldnt afford it.

There are a lot of places that have how-to sections that you pay by the minute to be a part of. The fellas here offer you help for free.

The BOC is an awesome site.

This is yet another example.

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    :0a27:
    David, I absolutely could not agree more with what you wrote. I always read the posts in this forum with a lot of interest. I've learned from them too. I have noticed that Robert and Willard always try to give the very best response that they can give, depending on the information given to them. And always timely.
    :thumbsup:

4. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Bobs helped a hugde amount of people here, myself included.
    Thats my favorite part, "he doesn't candy-coat it".
    You get an honest answer and good advice.

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Thanks guys you are making me blush.:crying: :)
    I always thought knowledge was made to be shared or it becomes nothing shut up inside your head.
    And when a person can't take the time to help someone in need where is he in life and what has he accomplished

6. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    Ah yes! Bob has helped me quite a bit in many ways. He is a fantastic person who offers his advice and knowledge without hesitation and without expecting anything in return. I've sat around the campfire with Bob and Paulette and I can't wait until the next time I get the opportunity! As stated above, this is what makes the BOC a great place. Thanks to the two in the spotlight here and to all who contribute in the way you do!

Willard "Bubbakat", I have yet to meet you but I can't help but think you'd be a straight-forward, upstanding man. Thank you for your input and advice! Maybe one day I'll get to shake your hand as well!

Keep up the great work fellas!

7. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Thank You, Willard. Thank You, Bobpaul. I have learned so much from the both of y'all. You two are what makes the BOC turn. Always willing to help. Always a quick reply to our questions. Always right on with the answers.

8. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    My thanks also, can't add much. Just a couple of great guys to share their hard earned knowledge. You've been a huge help to this guy.
    Jim

9. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    Thank you guys..:thumbsup:

10. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Great job to the both of you. The knowledge you share is appreciated more then you will ever know. :)

11. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    Some of the info I have seen Bubbakat post was awesome. We are very privileged to have a member of his status. His name should be Mr.Fixit!

12. NCBASSIN

NCBASSIN New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    another thanks to Bobpaul & Bubbakat ....your a big help keeping the fishing going on . Oh and a large help to the guys and gals pockets ......LOL Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!