Thrasher! (no, not the antique tractors)

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by kat in the hat, Feb 29, 2008.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Wyatt has an obsession with skateboards and roller blades. So far, he can hang 10, and manual. Almost pulled off an ollie. Just took these pics an hour or two ago. Wyatt is a cutie. I see many broken bones in his future though...like his dad, and his uncle. :crazy::embarassed::smile2:

Attached Files:

2. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Skate boarding, brings me back to the good ol days. I remember the first skateboard I ever rode had metal wheels that was the early 70's. Then in the mid 70's they came out with a somewhat softer wheel made of some sort of hard rubber fiber seemed kinda like wood, not much softer though a little better. Then the techno/chemical breakthrough happened and polyurethane wheels were born, man were times good.
    My old skate board is still out in the garage somewhere about 23 years old and worn out from my three kids. I boarded till I was about 20, rode many half pipes and bowls of sorts. Good times, oh to be young.

Thanks for the pics. You definately have a skater boy on your hands.

3. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Looks like he is doing good.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That looks way to dangerous for me. I think you have Many, Many hours in the emergency room to look forward too.

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    kid looks like a natural kat.get him a helmet to protect that nogin and he may go far.lol

6. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Man, thats kool.:cool2: I was into the skateboard thing eons ago. Spent everything I had on boards, trucks bearings and wheels. That was way back, before all the trick stuff you see today. We mostly did pools , bowls and slaloms. Get him a classic longboard to go with his trick boards. Longboards Rule! :wink:
    P.S.
    Make sure your insurance is paid up, breaks and sprains are inevitable. Safety gear has come along way since back in the day, but sh!t happens. :crazy:

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Longboard? For what? There ain't a hill within miles of here lol. BUT, we did get a skate park. I'm kinda jealous of it too, because when I was a kid, skateboarding was a CRIME! We built some humungus ramps though.:cool2:

Also, as long as his mom and dad's insurance is paid up, gramma and grammpa don't have to worry about it too much. Bumps, bruises, owies, stitches, and broken bones are just family traditions lol.

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    starting that young hell be tony hawks nemisis soon.:big_smile:

9. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have a feeling he'll know what pain is very soon. Good thing chicks dig scars.