Thousands of dying fish! Help.

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by fshnutz, Nov 27, 2007.

1. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    Hello,
    Some of you may have heard about the thousands of trapped fish that are dying on Liberty Island ( california ). :sad2:These fish became trapped due to a levee break and they are now dying. A majority or the fish are Striper, but there are also many sturgeon, salmon, catfish, steelhead, splittail, delta pike and bluegill. The DFG has dropped the ball as usual and so far their only plan is to collect the dead fish to provide more oxygen for the live ones. This is feeble to say the least. A local man and owner of a marina has taken action. He has begun to assemble volunteers to attempt a rescue misson for these fish. The plan is to use nets to collect the fish, then, using a hovercraft we will relocate the fish to nearby Minor Slough. He is hitting red tape collecting permist at every turn (these people would rather let the fish die than let a bunch of guys go save them!!):angry:.So far there are more than 75 volunteers (including myself). If anyone in the area is interested in helping, please let me know. You can also call 916-769-8047 and talk to Bob ( marina owner ) as he probably has more information and is the official organizer. I will keep you all posted on the progress, and hopefully we can save most of these fish.
    Linz

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Do ya really find this surprisein in todays world. Lawyers gotta find a way they can get some $$$$$$ outa the situation.

3. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Best of luck to you bro. You all are fighting the good fight.

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Well, George, you know 'bout them Public Servants: They always go by the book instead of doing what's right :wink:

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    G'luck guys, if that was around here I would be trying also.

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Maybe try Salvation Army or such. At least they could feed the homeless instead of letting all that fish rot.

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :angry:THE SYSTEM ......:angry:
    GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL OUT THERE !

8. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
  9. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Linz, you another word for The California DFG, it is Department of Fish and Shame.

Jaime