Thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BigOBear, Aug 15, 2008.

1. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good Idea, my 2 cents.

2. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sound's good to me , a 10 yr old can kill as easy as a 20 yr old. just my 2's worth

3. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    my first thought is that this a perhaps a HI issue.

my second was that this was a bad idea. Guns could be stolen and if lots of teachers carried on; perhaps it would be Easier for a kid to have one...But the superintendant's logic about this is pretty convincing. Banning guns doesn't solve crimes; the bad guys will always be able to get guns one way or another and it guarentees that all the victims with be defenseless victims. With no easy way to stop a rampage before it has claimed many lives.

Reading between the lines; did teachers USE to be able to carry concealed handguns.
    not the superintendant pointing out the 'Since the federal law made schools gun free zones....'

And yes there DOES seem like there's More school shootings recently.

I don't know sometimes these 'on one hand there X and on the other hand there's Y' gives me a headache. At least if its tried in Texas; we can judge the effects before it is implemented more broadly.

4. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I don't view guns as "the problem", and I don't think more guns are the answer.

A war on poverty is a de facto war on drugs, crime, and heaven knows how many other social ills.

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I think it's GREAT!

But the anti gunners will have a field day with that one!

Good old Texas, there is some things I miss about Texas.

6. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I`m all for it , they should do it across the country. Then maybe schools wouldn`t be viewed as an easy target for those who want to cause chaos.

7. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
    I think it,s a GREAT idea.