Thoughts

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by howardstern, Aug 28, 2006.

1. howardstern

howardstern New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I see some of you have the Abu 6500 c3 reel as I do. Some of you use 30 pound line which to me sounds like you might get 100 yards on it if you're lucky.. the manufacture says 245/14#.

My next question is would the Abu 7000 cast just as far as a 6500. I m looking for distance here as I fish the bank. yet I don't want to use 10 pound line to cast that far..

right now I use this 65 pound tuff line on my Abu 6500 which seems to cast ok to me. and I have this tide water reel that has 50 pound mono on it, but I cant get near the distance. so I was wondering how the 7000 would fair..

thanks in advance
    HS

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Howardstern, and welcome to the BOC were glad to have you aboard Sir. I have several Abu garcia reels 6500c3/and 7000c3 and to answer your question 30# pound line isen't to heavy for the 6500cs. I use 4oz. weight and a nice size Bluegill or a pice of fresh cut bait and man I can wing it out there with no problem. there are a fue contributing factors though, the longer the Rod will enhance the distance of the throw and as far as the amount if 30# line the 6500c3 can hold I believe it's around 160 yards or so I have never measured it though and this is just an estimate. the 7000c3 is an excelent choice also and has a larger spool capacity and is a super though and easy to use reel also. now I would suggest Big game line as I feel it is the best and super tought. You can also use braided line and it has a smaller diamiter and you can put more line on your reels I use a backing of mono first though. Power Pro is a good choice for braided. One thind about braided line It can cut grooves in the eyes of your rods unless they have fugi hardloy or titaniam guides and these useually only come on the more expensive rods. An excelent set up for one would be an abu Garcia 6500c3 on a Ugly stick Tiger rod spooled with berkley 30# pound Big Game line I don't think You would be dissapointed and with proper care it will last You a Lifetime. Your Friend and BOC Brother From Iowa, J.D.Straka :big_smile:

3. howardstern

howardstern New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yeah I know about the rod tips lol.. I have a Quantum Big Cat rod and had to replace the tip. But I love the pole so far.. is the clicker louder on the 7000 and do they both cast just as far?

HS