Thoughts on the nfl , where its been and where its going

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by TITANSFAN2104, Aug 18, 2009.

1. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    :big_smile::big_smile:It just kills me how they have put all these rules into play every single year!! Now because of brady you cant tackle from the ground, you cant lunge into a qbs legs and you cant hit them above the shoulder pads!! The last being for receivers also!! HELL just tie a flag to all offensive players!! a RB can cut a defensive end but that same DE cant sack a qb by grabbing his leg after he gets cut!! ITS ALL BS !! they are gonna take the physical game we love and turn it soft. ITS getting bad and these players along with rules committeeman , regardless of star status, need to understand that getting hurt every play is a very real possibility. They are taking the game and making it harder for defenses to play for the fear of penalties as well as fines. I dont want to see brady get hurt or boldin get laid out , but thats part of the game and thats how football has been played for so long !! Yes i agree with the horse collar rule and the leading with helmet, but the hands to the helmet of a QB when that Def lineman is being blocked and breaks free and tries to bat the ball is crap!! LETS hear your thoughts on some of the rules changes and if you like them!! I do like the fact that if a play is blown dead, and a fumble is thought to have occured, it can be reviewed and at least correct posssession can be given !!:big_smile:
    and i know alot of these rules have been in effect for a couple or more years but i still dont like them!!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  2. Good to see ya Chad.:wink: I heard there was new rules during the first Eagles game:confused2:, but missed what they were:embarassed:, are they what you just posted? Is there other ones?:eek:oooh:

3. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    all hits on brady have to be above his vulva and below his pearl necklace.

4. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Football is football. I can see where players want to be protected more since their are no gaurenteed contracts. You get hurt you lose your meal tickets. Contracts mean nothing. So from the players assoication they are just trying to make sure they keep a chance at their jobs.

However I do agree that the girly rules are getting out of hand. And it always has to do with protecting the offense. What about the DL or the LB's that get their legs taken out or rolled upon. I am suprised that they have not outlawed the big hits on recievers going over the middle. I think that the QB's are becoming to big of girls. If they had been protected like they are now... Young and Akiman would have broken some records and played longer.

5. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I agree with all of that but I think the one change they need to make like yesterday is a rookie salary cap..Its ridiculous what some of these rookies get when they haven't even played a down professionally..Most of them get a fat paycheck and never make it..

6. lissaannjon

lissaannjon New Member

State:
    Dubuque, IA
    you took the words out of my mouth! im sick and tired of hearing about the rookies holding out for more money. sign the d@mn contract or cut em!

7. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:

8. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    Some of the calls on the late hits on the QB are very ?able they need to clean that shit up or get some officials that are under 80 that can see:smile2:

9. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    what football really needs to do is dump some money into making that digital signal stronger. since the switchover I get 0 channels and I even got an HD tv its bull honkey. i guess thats not really the NFL's problem its my problem for being too cheap to switch to satellite or cable.

10. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I agree with this... How come the mics dont interfer with their pacemakers?:confused2:

11. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    As far as I'm concerned the NFL was born and then passed away with

Joe Jacoby- The best undrafted NFL player ever.
    Russ Grimm- Would swallow his dip by halftime and be puking on your shoes in the 3rd quarter.

John Riggins- Honorary Hog. NOBODY could run a ball like Diesel.That last year he would lay in traction for 4 days after every game so he could play the next.

Jeff Bostic- Undrafted free agent. Played his entire 14 year career as a Skin.

Rick Walker

George Starke

Mark May

Don Warren

Joe Bugel- Boss Hog

Russ Grimms would run over his own mama to get to the Super Bowl. He said that, not me. That is hardcore.

Football been dead awhile.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  12. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

Boy, how times have changed!

Caucasian boys don't make good running backs these days. They get saved for the O-line.

Dudes like John Riggins and Franco Harris would be fullbacks in 2009.

13. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "I agree with you 100% & I.m with you on this Buddy"! :confused2:
    Like you said - I don't want to see anybody get hurt - "But" - Also like you said with all of the rule changes, it getting to the point that Def players will be afraid to even make a tackle.
    (What's up with that :0a28:)
    Before you know it - the QBs will all be wearing those "You Can't Touch Me Practice Jerseys":

""In The Regular Season Games""!!!!!
    :angry:

14. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i dont want romo hit either lol

15. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    Danny Woodhead ran wild for 158 yards on the Eagles a Caucasian boy a small one at that lots of heart like Wes Welker or Wayne Chrebet:wink:

16. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Who both will eventually be forced into retirement because of having been hit one too many times and concussions.

17. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    They best make a no hitting the pinky finger rule. LOL
    That’s what took Romo out last year.
    And a Girl friend and Vacation rule before a big play off game. That took him out the year before. LOL

And a rule not letting the OB be a place kicker holder for a wining field goal kick.
    Last. A rule to keep Jerry off the field, out of the locker rooms and away from coaching staff. LOL

:tounge_out:

18. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Direction I see NFL going .
    Flashy and very expensive to watch.
    Monday Night Football, got a have cable to view it now.
    I think sooner than later the playoff games and SB will become a paid preview.
    50 bucks to watch at home. LOL

Good thing is, the game is played till the clock runs out.
    Un like fighting, first punch, it could be over.
    5 seconds to blow 50 bucks. LOL

New man law. NFL stays on local networks