Thoughts on Mini-Gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Catter, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    What do yall think of getting together at say...4 different spots each month in a small local gathering. Kinda like here in Mississippi County we could get together at the Boatramp on the mississippi at Osceola, the ramp at Lake Neark at Osceola, Big Lake/Mallard lake in Manila, Wapanocca Lake south of Turrell, and some other one.

I believe it would be a great way to mee locals from here on the BoC and have some coffee and chat before we all head out to fish on the same waters. I realize that not everyone would be able to make it to every one but we could get someone there at each one and if anyone wanted to fish in the area that weekend they would know that they could go to that site and meet up with someone from here, kinda like a standing invitation. We could even try and get everyone together at one spot once a month or something. With it being local the cost would be minimal, especially since we would be going fishing anyhow.

Penny for yer thoughts.....

Joe

2. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Hey catter that sounds good to me. I live in NE Arkansas over west of Jonesboro and almost on the Black River. I have often wanted to fish the Mississipppi at Osceola but just haven't made it over there yet. It would be nice to have the opportunity to meet some local guys that could show me around.

3. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    Sounds like a plan Arkie, just hollar anytime your over this way and we'll hook up. I would'nt mind giving the Black a whirl myself.

Shoot, we could even get others to join in and just decide on a spot close to everyone that we could fish at once a month. I always enjoy fishin at new places.

Joe

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Joe, Those little gatherings/outings are nice. The Arkansas and Mississippi have put some of these together on several occasions. They generally have theirs at Tunica Mississippi. My fishing partner caught a 60 pound blue there this year.

5. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    Great news on the 60lb'r Verlon, I would love to hang into one of those. I guess i should'nt have called it a mini-gathering as I was really just thinkin of just changing where we would fish on a given weekend just to fish with others from the BoC. Kinda like with me, I would usually go out on the river with my brother-in-law but we would be happy to have someone join us or us them. Seeing as how we would be goin fishin anyhow a few extra miles would'nt hurt. Definitaly nothin formal or anything.

Joe

6. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    I'm up for some of that too. It's closer than Tunica too.

7. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Sounds like a winner,

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    When will the first of these outings take place and where.

9. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    I plan on headin out the next weekend i'm off, just notsure when that will be. (hopefully this weekend) It'll be my first trip this year so it'll be pretty laid back.

10. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Sounds like a good deal to me too. I'm in the Hardy area and not to far from the Black River. Bro in law and I can probably make a couple of em, maybe more.

11. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sounds like a great idea. It would be fun to meet and fish with you guys.

12. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Don't know about the rest of you, but I need some of that skip Jack, Will probably have to make a rund up to the nuclear plant soon.

13. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Come on down, I do not know your work days/hours but I will be willing to show you around. The skips may be going back into the river with all this warm weather. If you can throw a cast net you should fill your boat with shad. They were every where my last time out. I am sure you read the shad talk thread in this section and know what to bring to catch them.[lures/rod/line]

14. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    Found out tonight i'll be working this weekend so my playtime is on hold till the work lets up. 8(

Good luck and safe boating to everyone...

Joe

15. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    Off tomorrow so if it aint rainin i'll be headin to Lake Neark. We will probly put in at Luxora and motor up stream to the dam and fish there, that way if a storm blows in we'll be close to the truck and the water's not high enuf to run over the dam so no current. Should be some good catfishin and crappie fishin there.

Laterz yall,

Joe