thoughts and apprehention fer the 09 fishing run

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by catfish kenny, Dec 9, 2008.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    A few thoughts on the year to come: This summer ws wild we had flooding and fisheys in the fields round here.We also hosted the first annual S.E IOWA POWERR HOUSE RIVER BASH gathering at the riverfront here. The fishing was just way out of order ...not bad mind you but like the summer of vents it all was fast & furrious......The Dnr was kind enough to take time out for our gathering and made a very informative presentation...If I understood correctley and looking at the water levels of the Sippi pray for a light winter and not a hard freeze an kill cause if we get blessed with the light one the starz bein in line we are in for a bumper yr fishing... were talking off the charts round here .....rember what I say to.....cause it's gonna happen....we get a light winter freeze and kill you will see some of the best action Iowa has to offer out there and you all can bet I am gonna have Walley vision up on my wall:wink:I feel a possible 40pb this yr...(LOL)maybe biggeer & as Ive said it befor* "we got em!"*....oh the agoney of anticpation :roll_eyes:

2. rippinlips

rippinlips New Member

State:
    iowa
    Nice to see someone from iowa posting. Hey kenny do you do any ice fishing?

3. payton350

payton350 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Like kenny I got the fever real bad, and have high hopes for more pb's.

4. Cuda

Cuda Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    With the way the water was I did not get out much ether. I got out on the sippi once with my son. We will be redo all of the rod holders on the boat this winter. So we will be ready to go come spring as long as the water permits. Them livewells need to be used more this year. :wink:

5. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Been wonderin if you guys just crawled into a cave and hibernated. Ain't heard from any of ya in a while.
    Kenny
    I forgot that the DNR guy predicted great fishin for the next few years because of the anticipated extremely large fish hatch. I remember he also said pollution probably won't be as much of a concern for several years. Thats good news.
    I'm hopeing to try that wall of yours so save me a bigun or 2.

Hey Rippin
    I'm hopeing to get to try Odessa next year.
    Been many years since I've been there. IIRC Yankee chute was THE place to fish back then. If you could get there.

Have a good one
    just

6. payton350

payton350 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am in the southwest corner of the state so I didn't experience the high waters as much but we did have our fair share, after everything settled down this turned out to be one of my better years.

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ripp-I dont ice fish -I am strickly fair weather ....Bob we gotta getya down here when its right I cant guarentee nuttin but we will sure give it hell....go check out my photo album on here alot of them is after the gathering...I have been meaning to pm you I hope you all have a great holiday season and you take care ya hear....I am gonna be hitting the skunk again this summer atleast once maybe canoe it again that is one bueatiful river...I will be sure to get ahold of you I need to get your # sometime and write it down since I keep dingin phones..I havnt been posting much cept on the ramblers thread ...all them crazy folks are like my souped up cyber familey(LOL)You all have a good one!

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Payton this summer was off the charts for me we was fishing in cornfields-bajahing in he boat to buddies home....caught two of my biggest and lost one was bigger...long storey but I did get to see it ...it was on The Wall...I spend alot of my time up on it its part of loc 19 here in Keokuk.Where are ou located and what areas do you fish?If gas stays down I forsee some travel and fishin this yr fo sure...
    Fellas Id like to see more Iowans involved with this site it is a great place...met alot of great people thru here....

9. catfishlarryiowa

catfishlarryiowa New Member

State:
    Iowa
    glad to see there are still some Iowans on this site. hope your right kenny on your predicton for this coming year. hope there is no ice on the missouri this weekend as billy & me are headed out. with temperatures in the uper 40's its going to be a good day even if the fish arn't biting.will post an let you know how we did. have a great holiday to you an everyone on the BOC. Larry

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Too cold fer me I am gonna be getting into the reels making sinkeres and working on the boat ....garage is heated and I like it like that....you all be safe out there and have a good one!I hop ya tagg up!

11. rippinlips

rippinlips New Member

State:
    iowa
    You will need a mud motor to get to yankee but it is still the place to go.

12. oldstylelight

oldstylelight New Member

State:
    LeClaire, ia
    hey all, the season around here starts in mid feb for the annual shad run for guts! i like doing that just as much (almost) as fishing with them. get your stuff ready cause early is the best and hate to not have your ducks in a row for that now would ya?