Thought ( or Quote) that We Like

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by CuzICan, Jan 24, 2009.

1. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Some are inspirational, some are funny, some are just plain common sense. Some are attributed to the famous, some anonymous...some are actually misquotes that someone was given credit for, and it was discovered later that they really didn't say it, or denied saying it lol .

Post a quote or saying that has meant something to you, or that you think of when times are tough, etc. This oughta be good!

Could even be a family thing! My grandmother used to say "This too shall pass" when she was worried or upset about something...It certainly wasn't original, but gets the job done, lol.

Doesn't have to be what's in your signature line, but it can be if you like.

Today I read one by Bob Hope that I really liked....

I've always been in the right place and time. Of course, I steered myself there.
    Bob Hope

Would really like to see which ones some of us put stock in or get laughs from...

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    There are several that I'll recall as this thread grows,I'm sure. One that I used to say alot,though I cant remember who said it.

If ya cant Dazzle em with brilliance,Baffle them with Bull S%^t:wink:

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mine is.... "It's better to be pissed off, than pissed on!" :crazy: rollo

4. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Up my alley, your thread Cuzzy. Have to find some that won't be censored, but there are a plethora of them out there.

Thanks

5. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    oh PB I enjoy this kinda stuff too, and I hope we get a lot of responses here, there are some wonderful thoughts from great thinkers out there, and some hilarious ones that have just circulated for years that we can't know who said it! I can't wait to see how this goes, and like Reload, I'll see many that I haven't thought about in years!

Sometimes I'll just google "quotes" and read to my hearts content....while it may seem a little mindless to some, I thoroughly enjoy entertaining thoughts from the minds of others that have made their place in history.

6. jugfisher

jugfisher Member

State:
    kentucky
    Name:
    Clint Howard
  7. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone."

Bill Cosby

Ain't it the truth!

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    " Its better to be safe than sorry" Author Unknown.

9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    " A person ashamed to ask how, is a person too ashamed to learn". When i first took that Peen apart i figured i didn't, "have the chance of a one legged man at an azz kickin contest":embarassed:

10. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    If life gives you lemons, make lemonade, If life gives you oranges make a screwdriver! :0a35::0a35:

11. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    Jack Nickleson's...".Now why can't we all Just get along."

12. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    from momma tunnel hull; {YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR RAISIN WHEN YOU RAISE YOUR OWN} for me its so ture it makes me sit down and cry at times

13. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    John Fitzgerald Kennedy - “Washington is a city of Southern efficiency and Northern charm.”
    John Fitzgerald Kennedy - “Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.”
    “He who lives by the sword dies by the sword.”(for you kenny)
    “Desperate times call for desperate measures.”
    “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.”
    “A drop of honey catches more flies than a hogshead of vinegar.”(for those of you in hogland)
    “A fool may ask more questions in an hour than a wise man can answer in seven years.”
    “A good husband should be deaf and a good wife should be blind.”(might get flack for that one)
    “No matter how far you have gone on the wrong road, turn back.”
    “It is better to be a coward for a minute than dead for the rest of your life.”
    “Get the coffin ready and the man won’t die.”
    “If we do not change our direction, we are likely to end up where we are headed.”(for your wife PB)
    “A stumble may prevent a fall.”(too bad he wasnt walking 1st chunk)
    “He who accepts nothing has nothing to return.”
    “Let him who sins when drunk be punished when sober.”(you should have never quit)
    “Ask about your neighbors, then buy the house.”(for your poblem nieghbor kenny)
    “When the cup is full, carry it even.”(kenny's beans)
    “To change and change for the better are two different things.”(new president?)
    “If a man leaves little children behind him, it is as if he did not die.”(my brother & his 7 boys)
    “If all else fails, read the directions.”(mac & his faucet)
    “Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.”
    there are tons more................
    i just copied these, who else has some????

14. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Jeff Foxworthy

Watching a baby being born is a little like watching a wet St Bernard coming in the cat door.

Homer Simpson.

If something is hard, it is probably not worth doing.

W.C. Fields.

No doubt exists that women are crazy; it is only a question of degree.

15. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.

LOL LOL LOL

I like the famous :" $hit happens "

16. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    LOL!!! I LOVE WC FIELDS QUOTES! hahahaha he's soooo sarcastic! yet right! LOL!

“Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.”

That's a great one too and Albert Einstein whom I think so much of has the following quote attributed to him....

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

17. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    When I worked, I had this in my office:
    It's hard to soar like an Eagle when flying with a bunch of turkeys.

We have this printed on our NRA checks:
    The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall no be infringed
    Criminals love gun control
    Crime control, not gun control

18. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Cher, I have some quotes I really love written down somewhere. You wouldn't believe the notes I make while on the internet. I'll be back sometime with a few good ones, but for now, here's one of my own....and this is from experience!

"Don't shake your creamer if you've got a loose lid!" :wink:

19. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    "I'm happier than a puppy with two peters"-from the movie city slickers

"Oh what a tangled web we weave,when first we practice to deceive"-Sir Walter Scott

20. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings :smile2:. ​