thought id try somethin different...

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Jan 27, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    as most of ya know when it gets cold the cattin gets slow... but the striper goes up... i usually use trebles to prevent gutters but the order from catconnection hasnt got here yet so i (thought id try somethin different):tounge_out:

i got a couple of the 2/0 baitkeeper snells from egale claw and a pack of (Black) snapswivels (fish wont see it )

it worked

i noticed that if you hook the shad in the belly it will swim in a circle (easy meal)

i was acually told about this and i never tried it but when you want to spend 5 bucks for the entire season fishing its pretty neat

i caught a 3lber and a 2lber lastnight and only one other person caught a 2lber (very slow night ):sad2:

2. Blue709995

Blue709995 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hey Sleekcraft how do you catch shad in teh winter? I usually use a throw net but sense it has gotten cold I haven't been able to get many shad. Just when I'm lucky i'll get a few at bartlet.

And at night they don't scool tight enought at pleasant to get them with a umbrella net or by snagging them with a treble (which I have done when the scool is much bigger and more dense>

Any tips would be great lol

Oh by the way if you hook the shad in the rear of the belly about two thirds the way back and use a small hook and light line it will force the shad to swim down and away form the boat ( for the most part) Trick I learned on an eight day long range fishing trip i took last summer. Thats what we did to get the sardeans down when the fish were a little deeper or the birds were picking us. But you have to have a pretty fresh shad that can swim good lol

3. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    in the winter i fish from a dock

the shad are either high up or way down (once in a blue moon there in the middle )

i have a 24 ft rope and it will hit the bottem (slow jerks and the net will close slowly without loosing and bait (comes in handy on bad nights)

hope this helps

4. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    this is a good idea thanks.

5. Blue709995

Blue709995 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I'll have to try that. Its just every time I have tried that in deep water the second the net hits the water they are gone. But that was usually from a boat that was over deep water... way too deep for then net to get to the bottom. Thanks for the tip man